Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    New Breygent Applecards promos
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Breygent Applecards promos
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardcollectors uk:
I think this is a great move by Richard and Ian at Applecards. They've added value to the boxes they are selling by offering something free and exclusive, and should be commended for supporting Breygent and the product.
It's funny how everyone is happy to pay for the Case incentive cards, but when something is offered free for buying a quarter of a case, it gets 2 pages of complaints, because some people expect them for free. I would much rather see this kind of offer than case and multi case incentives. Then you could buy some from each dealer and help to grow the business. If you cant afford the shipping then buddy up with a UK Grimm collector, and TRADE the promos. That's what the hobby is supposed to be about.

They might be adding value to the boxes "they" are selling but adding no value to the actual product.
If only one person on the face of the Earth gets something that others want, it will most assuredly be of great value. And to make it avail by offering it to others as a bribe to buy a product that I am selling is not right to the buyer as well as other sellers selling the same product but having nothing to offer buyers.
Also, to list these "exclusive" cards that are supposed to be a gift to people in support of buying the product on an auction site is doubly wrong. If they were indeed given to the dealer in an effort for the promotion of sales of the boxes/cases by the dealer, why then turn around and sell them on Ebay for profit.
It stinks in my book and one of the reasons I will not be buying American Horror Story or Grimm as I will now never be able to complete a master set unless I am willing to pay outrageous prices (about $50-$100 for the Grimm promo) for a card that was given to only one dealer for their selfish purposes.
Breygent dropped the ball on this one in my eyes.

Posts: 82 | Location: NJ | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think this is a great move by Richard and Ian at Applecards. They've added value to the boxes they are selling by offering something free and exclusive, and should be commended for supporting Breygent and the product.
It's funny how everyone is happy to pay for the Case incentive cards, but when something is offered free for buying a quarter of a case, it gets 2 pages of complaints, because some people expect them for free. I would emuch rather see this kind of offer than case and multi case incentives. Then you could buy some from each dealer and help to grow the business. If you cant afford the shipping then buddy up with a UK Grimm collector, and TRADE the promos. That's what the hobby is supposed to be about.
I like the idea, but 3 boxes is more than I need. And they cost me more per box. What I don't like is them selling them on ebay before the boxes are available.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
This person took a huge amount of product (plus all my products).Anyone that takes this amount of product I am more than happy to help them by making some promo cards. I have asked him to help collectors out.I really didnt think promo cards would cause such a fuss with some people.We make more promos then any company and give away tons of promos at the shows we do.Sorry you feel this way and stops you from collecting a title because of promo cards.

Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:
This person took a huge amount of product (plus all my products).Anyone that takes this amount of product I am more than happy to help them by making some promo cards. I have asked him to help collectors out.I really didnt think promo cards would cause such a fuss with some people.We make more promos then any company and give away tons of promos at the shows we do.Sorry you feel this way and stops you from collecting a title because of promo cards.

Tom

I e-mailed the person several times about getting one of each of the promos and he/she just ignored my e-mails.
I already have a dealer I support in the US and get most of my product from him.
I wouldn't feel right not buying a product from him because I am getting it from someone else because they got a special card that no one else got that they are willing to give me for ordering from them instead of my regular source. It kind of isn't right in my eyes.
If it were something I could get from my dealer- as case incentives are- I would be fine. But it is a special card that only 1 person got, so I prefer to stay away. I just hope my dealer gets special treatment like this in the future.
Just my 2 cents.

Posts: 82 | Location: NJ | Registered: January 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Well i dont mean to go back and forth as you are entitled to your opinion but you state if they were incentives that would be fine.Dont you buy case incentives? or do you buy enough cases to get the incentives? Just because it says promo it changes everything?A lot of people today sell promos.Just the way the business is.We have been making a lot of promos and even numbering them also as a way to make them more collecible. I dont see many people giving promos away like many years ago.Look on ebay or go to shows most sell promos.

Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
ps: I make nothing on promos as I spend a lot making promos.I was just trying to make more cards for the collectors that like to chase different promo cards.I know I will never have a system that makes everyone happy but I do always try different approaches to collecting and this also can change in the future as I always like changes.We have made puzzle promos-different show promos so we try different approcahes to promo card collecting.I will admit I went a little over board with the amount of promos made for this series but I had extra space on the printing form and used it up figuring I would make some collectors and dealers very happy.

tom

posted Hide Post
quote:
Well i dont mean to go back and forth as you are entitled to your opinion but you state if they were incentives that would be fine.Dont you buy case incentives? or do you buy enough cases to get the incentives? Just because it says promo it changes everything?A lot of people today sell promos.Just the way the business is.We have been making a lot of promos and even numbering them also as a way to make them more collecible. I dont see many people giving promos away like many years ago.Look on ebay or go to shows most sell promos.

Tom

I don't want to go back and forth either.
It is your company and you have the right to do what you want. I can either buy or not buy based on the options I am presented.
In the case of incentives, all dealers are equally eligible to get them from you for their order. I can, in turn, buy enough from my dealer to get one free with my purchase or buy one from him at a reasonable price due to more supply avail.
When it is a card that only one dealer gets- who is making you purchase the product from him (who happens to be outside the US and would cost me more in shipping than the product purchased in the US)in order to get it- or buy it from his Ebay account for Buy it Now of $100 for the Grimm promo, I tend to be turned off.
I am sorry if I am in the minority on this and others feel differently, but it is how I feel and I will stop harping on it and let everyone get on with their lives.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Even though I'm not happy about the selling of "incentive"6 cards, it's the bidders that are running the price up. Let's try something. Stop bidding after $20.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

I dont see many people giving promos away like many years ago.Look on ebay or go to shows most sell promos.

Tom

This has been a big change I have noticed over the years. Dealers are well aware that these days some people go to shows and grab as much free stuff as they can and have it on ebay sometimes before they have even left the hall, why should the dealer feed these people with stock, he might aswell just do what they are doing and put the promos on ebay himself.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think this has been touched upon before by others, but a main gripe that many people have is this-- if I buy 2-3 boxes of Breygent product from my dealer, whom I have been using for 15 years, and now I have to pass on buying Grimm, Dawn, Transformers, etc from him, and instead buy it from Applecards to get these promos, then my usual dealer is going to get upset that I am being "disloyal" by going to someone else. That is a problem.

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dobo98985:
quote:
It's funny how everyone is happy to pay for the Case incentive cards, but when something is offered free for buying a quarter of a case, it gets 2 pages of complaints, because some people expect them for free. I would much rather see this kind of offer than case and multi case incentives. Then you could buy some from each dealer and help to grow the business. If you cant afford the shipping then buddy up with a UK Grimm collector, and TRADE the promos. That's what the hobby is supposed to be about.

They might be adding value to the boxes "they" are selling but adding no value to the actual product.
If only one person on the face of the Earth gets something that others want, it will most assuredly be of great value. And to make it avail by offering it to others as a bribe to buy a product that I am selling is not right to the buyer as well as other sellers selling the same product but having nothing to offer buyers.
Also, to list these "exclusive" cards that are supposed to be a gift to people in support of buying the product on an auction site is doubly wrong. If they were indeed given to the dealer in an effort for the promotion of sales of the boxes/cases by the dealer, why then turn around and sell them on Ebay for profit.
It stinks in my book and one of the reasons I will not be buying American Horror Story or Grimm as I will now never be able to complete a master set unless I am willing to pay outrageous prices (about $50-$100 for the Grimm promo) for a card that was given to only one dealer for their selfish purposes.
Breygent dropped the ball on this one in my eyes.

Aren't the $100 ones complete promo sets?

If there truly is 500 promos made, the price will go down.

If everyone would get out of this panic and stop bidding on them after $20, we should be able to get them at a reasonable price.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
Aren't the $100 ones complete promo sets?

If there truly is 500 promos made, the price will go down.

If everyone would get out of this panic and stop bidding on them after $20, we should be able to get them at a reasonable price.

I have to look, but you could be right- the $100 might have been for a set.
I do remember the Grimm on listed for $60 BIN on its own as that was one of the ones I was looking to get . The auctions would always end at like $55 or $60- too much for me.
The Applecards American Horror Story exclusive promos are a bit cheaper, but again, I am not willing to forgo my regular dealer to buy from this guy just to get promos he was the only one to get.
Unfortunately, I already purchased Transformers and now have a hole in my master set due to the Applecards exclusive promo.
My dealer is very good at making sure I get everything at reasonable prices- even harder to get items like Red Robin promos because many people get them (several of them in certain instances as I have seen sellers on Ebay with multiples of them). But even he cannot get any of the Applecards exclusive promos as I have asked him if he could e-mail the guy as Applecards will not answer my e-mails. My dealer has had no luck.

If anyone on here is willing to trade me for them, I would be greatful. I do need the Transformers one and would like the Grimm and American Horror Story ones. Please let me know.

Tattoox- I am in for your bidding strategy. If we can not bid against one another, we might all be able to get them at reasonable prices.

Picture of cardcollectors uk
posted Hide Post
So, checking the completed auctions on ebay, the Applecards Grimm promos have sold for between $42 and $98. Doesn't that make the Boxes they are selling great value with that level of freebie included?
This is exactly what the hobby needs, added value instead of discounting.
And if 'your dealer' gets upset when you buy elsewhere from someone who offers you free exclusives you need to get a new dealer.
It seems some people feel 'entitled' to free promos. In this case you're not (unless you buy the boxes!) It's that simple.

Posts: 128 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
And if 'your dealer' gets upset when you buy elsewhere from someone who offers you free exclusives you need to get a new dealer.

Sorry but I can't agree with that. If you have a dealer who has been very good to you over many years and you dump him for someone else just so you can get a promo card then I for one would think that was disgraceful.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:

Sorry but I can't agree with that.
If you have a dealer who has been very good to you over many years and you dump him for someone else just so you can get a promo card then I for one would think that was disgraceful.

I also don't agree with that. Wolfie- I agree with you.
I think it is great for the one dealer that got something that others didn't. It does make it a great value for him.
What it also does is maybe take sales away from other dealers who don't have that "value" to add to their boxes. It also might make those other dealers not want to buy Breygent cards again if they can't, in turn, sell them to the collecteros who want to buy from the dealer who offers "added value" that they cant.
It also devalues the product because now the dealer that got those promos, who is selling them for big dollars, can now discount the regular product below what they, and every other dealer, paid directly to Breygent because they have already made money selling their Exclusive promos.
I remember everyone here being upset when a person was selling a free promo they got at a show, where a lot of other people had the chance to get same promo, on Ebay for high dollars saying it was wrong, yet no one seems to be upsets about a dealer selling for high dollars promos they got from a manufacturer for free to help promote sales of a product.

Picture of cardcollectors uk
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you have a dealer who has been very good to you over many years and you dump him for someone else just so you can get a promo card then I for one would think that was disgraceful.

Your not dumping him Wolfie, you are buying some product somewhere else for a change. If anyone has ever bought anything on ebay they are guilty of this 'crime'.
I'm a dealer, and I'm never offended when a customer buys elsewhere. I'm not entitled to a monopoly on anyone's custom, just because I've looked after customers previously. I've usually made a little bit on each sale, and that's all anyone can ask, or is entitled to.

Posts: 128 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
So, checking the completed auctions on ebay, the Applecards Grimm promos have sold for between $42 and $98. Doesn't that make the Boxes they are selling great value with that level of freebie included?
This is exactly what the hobby needs, added value instead of discounting.
It seems some people feel 'entitled' to free promos. In this case you're not (unless you buy the boxes!) It's that simple.

I disagree. Those prices are inflated due to over enthusiastic fans and impatient collectors. The price will come down.

Applecards said they were incentives if you buy 3 boxes. So one of three things happened or all.

They have more promos than boxes
The promotion isn't going as well as they thought
Just plain greedy

AGAIN, BE PATIENT. DON'T GET INTO BIDDING WARS. THE PRICE WILL COME DOWN.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Your not dumping him Wolfie, you are buying some product somewhere else for a change. If anyone has ever bought anything on ebay they are guilty of this 'crime'.
I'm a dealer, and I'm never offended when a customer buys elsewhere. I'm not entitled to a monopoly on anyone's custom, just because I've looked after customers previously. I've usually made a little bit on each sale, and that's all anyone can ask, or is entitled to.

I must not be right in the head then.
I really don't understand the issue?
I am saying the giving one dealer an excelusive card that is part of a set that no one else is given is wrong.
Do others not feel the same?
Will this continue?
Will Breygent give exclusive cards to other dealers in the future?
Will we all have to wait to order product to see where the exclusive promos are distributed.

For me, I am done. I don't like this policy and will spend my collecting dollars elsewhere.
I do like Breygents products, but do not like their policy of rewarding certain dealers such the way they are. Giving them extra inserts, promos, etc is fine, but when you make it something no one else gets, it makes it wrong in my eyes.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Well, I considered the price I'm paying (less). The number of boxes I wanted to open (less). And my opinion of the true value of the promo (much less). It truly wasn't worth the extra expense. I'll buy it for less on ebay or trade for it. I will be putting up my trade list tonight and want list.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dobo98985:
quote:
quote:

I must not be right in the head then.
I really don't understand the issue?
I am saying the giving one dealer an excelusive card that is part of a set that no one else is given is wrong.
Do others not feel the same?
Will this continue?
Will Breygent give exclusive cards to other dealers in the future?
Will we all have to wait to order product to see where the exclusive promos are distributed.

For me, I am done. I don't like this policy and will spend my collecting dollars elsewhere.
I do like Breygents products, but do not like their policy of rewarding certain dealers such the way they are. Giving them extra inserts, promos, etc is fine, but when you make it something no one else gets, it makes it wrong in my eyes.

Breygent has done this many times. Rittenhouse does it all the time at SDCC. It's gone on for years.

I find two things wrong:

DEALER - Selling them on ebay right out the gate
COLLECTOR - Running up the prices

We as collectors are almost as guilty as Applecards. And the Transformer promos prove this, because the main discussion is about the Grimm promo.