Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    New Breygent Applecards promos
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Breygent Applecards promos
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
There are Breygent UK exclusives on the following:

2 for American Horror Story
1 for Grimm
1 for Dawn
1 for Transformers

ALOT of new promos !!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David R,

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Just to be picky. Big Grin

These are not UK promos, they are Applecards exclusives.

I know. Twak

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
But Applecards is a UK company.

I'll try to re-title the post. Smile

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
I e-mailed them trying to find out how to get them. That was Sunday, and still no reply.

There was also a Cult Stuff promo, Bram Stoker's Dracula, numbered Apple 1.

I wouldn't mind these, so long as there is another version of the card released, perhaps with a different number. That way it would still be a nice chase for some people who like rare stuff, and those who just want the whole promo set could get theirs, as long as they didn't have to have all variations.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doc Floyd,

Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I think it was applecards that had the Vampirella P4, which they gave away with the purchase of 3 boxes of Vampirella and also sold them on e-bay. They may be at collectormania over the week-end, if they are I will try to find out if they are giving them away with orders for the products.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The auctions seem to have ended, and no new ones up for grabs. I've also emailed Applecards, but so far no response.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
As I understand it ( and I may be wrong, again ) these exclusive promos are only available from Applecards with a purchase of the product they are intended for and cannot be got merely by applying for them.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't think that the UK seller who had them up for sale this week was Applecards, but I could be wrong

And yes, in the past, Applecards did at one point auction off its Vampirella P4 promo separately, but he threw it in for free if you bought boxes

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I don't think that the UK seller who had them up for sale this week was Applecards, but I could be wrong

And yes, in the past, Applecards did at one point auction off its Vampirella P4 promo separately, but he threw it in for free if you bought boxes

Yes 3 boxes as I said above

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I really, really want the Grimm promo, but being in the US and able to get the boxes at or below MSRP, it's pointless to order from the UK just for the card. The shipping would be more than the card is worth at it's highest point ever.

I think I have Applecards email address, but if I do, I recall poor communication. I guess it will be trading or ebay for me.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Maybe I'm missing the point, but aren't promos supposed to be given out to PROMOTE the product? If you have to buy the product(s) to get the card(s), the promotion is moot Roll Eyes I can understand selling these after a decent amount of time to make those that weren't aware of the product, but not when the set isn't on the market yet.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
Maybe I'm missing the point, but aren't promos supposed to be given out to PROMOTE the product? If you have to buy the product(s) to get the card(s), the promotion is moot Roll Eyes I can understand selling these after a decent amount of time to make those that weren't aware of the product, but not when the set isn't on the market yet.

Took the words right out of my mouth, Graham! Thumb Up

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:

Well, they are promoting their sales of the product, but it's more as an incentive to purchase more boxes than you may have wanted.

So, is Applecards the ebay seller?
If so, I know they can do what they want with them, but they're breaking their own policy.

If they're not the seller, then why does someone have them already?

Either scenario seems a little fishy to me.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've emailed Applecards a few times about these new promos, but so far received no response.

In my opinion, these are genuine promos, and they should not be distributed as dealer incentive cards.

For example, if I buy 2-3 boxes of product from a dealer whom I've been dealing with for 20 years, and new Dealer B comes along and says the only way I can get the promos is to buy 3 boxes of the same product from him, it's unfair because I anger my first dealer and I end up being forced to buy 5-6 boxes from both people when I only want 2-3. How is this helping the hobby by upsetting fans and causing friction between dealers ?

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
I am sorry a lot of you are upset over these promo cards. Applecards takes a huge amount of product from Breygent and asked for a few promo cards to help him sell/promote these products. I know people have asked and gotten promos from them in the past when I did this with Red Sonja for them.
I will look how this works out and see what I can do differently in the future.

Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Did Apple have a Red Sonja exclusive promo ? I thought there was just the Vampirella P4.

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
will have to check if Sonja or Vampirella Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Vampirella was Applecards. I think the Red Sonja was an UK convention exclusive.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I've emailed Applecards a few times about these new promos, but so far received no response.

In my opinion, these are genuine promos, and they should not be distributed as dealer incentive cards.

For example, if I buy 2-3 boxes of product from a dealer whom I've been dealing with for 20 years, and new Dealer B comes along and says the only way I can get the promos is to buy 3 boxes of the same product from him, it's unfair because I anger my first dealer and I end up being forced to buy 5-6 boxes from both people when I only want 2-3. How is this helping the hobby by upsetting fans and causing friction between dealers ?

Well said. I agree. And I asked how to go about buying product to get the cards. I guess they don't want to do business outside the UK, and are not considerate (maybe too busy) to let people know by responding to emails.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
It wouldn't be so bad if they were selling the boxes on pre-order and stating a "free" promo card with each order! But at moment they are just selling them and making a decent sum. I too have contacted them to find out how to obtain one (Other than winning the auction)