Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Top Trumps promo update
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Top Trumps promo update
 Login/Join

Picture of adsdpial
posted
Thought you guys might appreciate the latest Top Trumps update.

In the UK, 6 WWE Super Top Trumps cards are available to collect within special 6 packs of WWE flash-packed Wagon Wheels.

You get one cut-out STT printed in the card sleeve, and the 6 to collect are Undertaker, John Cena, Rey Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Santino Marella or Chavo Guerrero.

On a different note, in the US, there are 2 new US Top Trumps cinema promotions for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen and G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra.

An 8-card teaser Transformers ROTF booster, featuring 6 character cards taken from the soon to be released main deck, will be distributed at participating US cinemas, starting around 6th June 2009. The teaser booster contains 6 cards taken from the main deck, but one of the cards has a non-generic back advertising the booster itself, so it makes the set slightly different from the main retail deck.

Also, starting around mid-July, you'll see a similar booster pack available at US (and probably some Canadian) cinemas for G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra.

I'll post more news once I know exactly what cards will be available within these US cinema boosters.

Posts: 54 | Location: UK | Registered: October 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Thanks very much for the info. Wavey

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Potato Head
posted Hide Post
Cheers for the info Thumb Up

I've seen an advert that there's a free Marvel Top Trumps Deck if you but the first four volumes (1.1, 1.2, 2.1 & 2.2) of X-men (animated series) DVDs (it's only on marked products while stocks last offer) from Play.com.

Posts: 751 | Location: UK | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I think those cards are actually in the dvd's.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Potato Head:
Cheers for the info Thumb Up

I've seen an advert that there's a free Marvel Top Trumps Deck if you but the first four volumes (1.1, 1.2, 2.1 & 2.2) of X-men (animated series) DVDs (it's only on marked products while stocks last offer) from Play.com.[/QUOTE

Make sure you get the right ones as there are 2 dvd`s of each the ones with the yellow stickers DO NOT HAVE THEM IN .

as i bought them and one had the yellow sticker and there was no cards in it.

Posts: 157 | Location: ENGLAND | Registered: February 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adsdpial
posted Hide Post
If it helps, this is the info I've got. Hopefully its ok to post this link, apologies if not.

http://www.superheroesondvd.co...-1-volume-1-dvd.html

I gather that in each of the 4 X-Men DVD's that make up season 1 & 2, there are 4 mini-packs of Marvel Top Trumps that together make up an amalgamated pack of cards of the 30 best characters from the first 3 Marvel Top Trumps decks issued, and that this full set, once complete, has never been offered in this form before for retail in the UK, as some of the card design images are different. (see image example below)

Here are the cards you get:

Vol 1 - pack 1 of 4
The Incredible Hulk
Blade
Invisible Woman
Captain America
Nick Fury
Kingpin
Magneto (Have you got it on reverse)
Storm (Rules on reverse)

Vol 2 - pack 2 of 4

Electra (Rules on reverse)
Dr Doom ( Have you got it on reverse)
The Human Torch
The Thing
Mr Fantastic
Professor X
Silver Surfer
Dare Devil

14 of the 16 in comic heroes 1
2 in comic heroes 2

Pack 3 of 4:

Green Goblin (How to play on reverse)
Dr Octopus (have you got it on reverse)
Spider-Man
Sabretooth
Cyclops
Gambit
Phoenix

Pack 4 of 4:

Rogue (How to play on reverse)
Wolverine (Have you got it on reverse)
Mystique
Punisher
Nightcrawler
Emma Frost
Colossus

Packs 3 and 4 only have 7 cards in making the total cards in the 4 part packs = 30.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: adsdpial,

Posts: 54 | Location: UK | Registered: October 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Potato Head
posted Hide Post
Made a special effort to pick up some Wagon Wheels wehn I wnt to the supermarkey. Picked up 4 packs - 2 x Undertaker, Jeff hardy and Santino Marella.

£1 each or 2 packs for £2 in Asda Confused Confused Big Grin

Posts: 751 | Location: UK | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I only have one so far..Jeff Hardy.

Picture of Darth Graham
posted Hide Post
I found the packs at 55p each in Home Bargains (a discount chain of stores) and have 1 each of Jeff Hardy and John Cena. I just bought them out of interest as I don't really collect Top Trumps!

Posts: 165 | Location: Milton Keynes, UK | Registered: March 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adsdpial
posted Hide Post
That was a bargain!
I think I've eaten about a truck load of Wagon Wheels since the promo began!, not doing the diet any good at all! Big Grin

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
You're supposed to keep the cards and sell the wagon wheels. Twak Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
If anyone has an extra of pack 4 (with the Rogue card). I'd be very interested in it. Big Grin

Pack 4 of 4:

Mystique
Punisher
Nightcrawler
Emma Frost
Colossus

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adsdpial
posted Hide Post
For any fans in Germany, I've since found out that they are doing the same X-Men DVD promotion with a German language set.....

The first German Booster contains characters from the Marvel 2 TT pack:
- Abomination (with "How to play rules on the rear)
- Agent X (with "Have you got it" list)
- Toad
- Captain Marvel
- Colossus
- Galactus
- Gambit
- Sentinels

Picture of adsdpial
posted Hide Post
I hope I've put this in the correct section, as it seems to be an exclusive US Military deck.

"Top Trumps USA have recently completed their US Army Top Trumps deck, it will be available at the end of the month in the USA at The Army & Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES) stores nationwide, the AAFES is an agency of The United States Department of Defense."

I'm told it may be a harder deck for civilians to get their hands on due to where its being sold, but hopefully some will surface!

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Potato Head
posted Hide Post
After eating 4039 Wagon Wheels Eek Big Grin I now have all 6 STTs Thumb Up

Picture of adsdpial
posted Hide Post
Me too, lol - I'm on a diet now as I ate so many Smile

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Potato Head
posted Hide Post
I purchased somed Top Trumps from their website, Transformers Revenge of the Fallen 3D, Star Trek 3D, Cricket and Politicos. Both packs of the 3D TT had three STT loose in the holder. The Transformers pack had three of the Indiana STTs that were avaialble at Woolworths and the Star Trek pack had 2 cards from the Da Vinci code (that were available from The sun/WH Smiths) and a Horrible Histories card. There were no freebies in the other two packs.

Picture of adsdpial
posted Hide Post
Thought you guys might be interested to see a couple of pics of the USA Top Trumps G.I. Joe sample mini-packs that will be given out at selected US cinemas around August 7th.

The sample mini-pack contains 6 cards taken from the main deck of 30 cards, which are Duke, Neo-Vipers, Storm Shadow, James McCullen, General Hawk and Breaker.

Also in the US will be a similar sample pack, handed out I understand at Special Screenings and competitions etc., and this mini-set will replace Breaker with an exclusive supercard of Cover Girl.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elaine Perna:
If anyone has an extra of pack 4 (with the Rogue card). I'd be very interested in it. Big Grin

Pack 4 of 4:

Mystique
Punisher
Nightcrawler
Emma Frost
Colossus

I'm still looking for these promos. I'd be willing to trade about anything for the one with Rogue on it. Smile

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of adsdpial
posted Hide Post
Hi Elaine, not sure if you know this so apologies if you do, but if you are having trouble getting hold of the promo sets then the Rogue card does appear as a standard deck card in the Top Trumps Marvel Comic Heroes 2 deck, which you can probably pick up from eBay.

If you click this link to the Ultimate Top Trumps site you can see the main deck of 30 cards, then click "next" to start the slideshow, and the Rogue card appears about 20 cards in - hope that helps some, and best of luck in getting hold of a set Smile

http://www.ultimate-top-trumps...ic%20Heroes%202.html