Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Holiday Cards
 Login/Join

Picture of Artist
posted
Are card companies still doing the Holiday card? The last one I saw was from Inkwork in 2008. Anyone know? Please post a scan.

Posts: 231 | Location: South of the border, TX, USA | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I had commented here that this was the first year we did not receive one. About the closest thing was a Flash image from Upper Deck and a traditional greeting card from Artbox.

Is this life during recession? Life in the digital age? Or post-Inkworks life? Or a combination of all thereof?

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
No, it's just everyone's gone off you. Big Grin Wave

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Artist
posted Hide Post
Thanks Harris, you have a scan of the Flash image from Upper Deck and a traditional greeting card from Artbox?
Was there a Thanksgiving card (with a turkey) from Upper Deck too?

Posts: 231 | Location: South of the border, TX, USA | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Artist
posted Hide Post
I'm almost forgotten received the digital greeting card from Breygent Marketing.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Artist:
Thanks Harris, you have a scan of the Flash image from Upper Deck and a traditional greeting card from Artbox?
Was there a Thanksgiving card (with a turkey) from Upper Deck too?

I have no idea about a Thanksgiving card and don't have a scan of the Artbox card. Also, a scan of a Flash file doesn't make sense but here's the accompanying graphic that was part of the file -- a photograph of the employees in front of a Christmas three at their headquarters.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
5Finity was nice enough to send me the following special holiday sketch card

It was done by Kathleen Webb and although it is numbered 17/100 on the back, I was informed that there were only 25 cards that made it out.

It was a great little suprise.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Very nice sketch, Igman, but I don't think that's the kind of Christmas card Artist was talking about. I think he means the company issued ones which include their logo. Like the ones Inkworks used to put out and some of the others and send to the media and collectors.

Nice to see that they sent you this though. Did they send it free of charge? Are you working for them or something?

Picture of Artist
posted Hide Post
Hi Harris, thanks again.
The upper deck holiday card is digital now? So all the companies go digital on there holiday card. no more printed card?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Very nice sketch, Igman, but I don't think that's the kind of Christmas card Artist was talking about. I think he means the company issued ones which include their logo. Like the ones Inkworks used to put out and some of the others and send to the media and collectors.

Nice to see that they sent you this though. Did they send it free of charge? Are you working for them or something?

Free of charge and totally unexpected. It was stuck in with my 3rd purchase from them. They sent them out to some customers as well as some artists.

Here is what the card backs look like.

While some of my posts may sound like it, I am not employed by 5finity (or anyone else Shake Head), I am just trying to spread the word about a company that is putting out very solid products and handling their customers with all the respect in the world.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
OK, then, so it was the traditional holiday trading card type then. Nice card.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Looks like holiday promos have gone the way of cereal premiums... Been down the cereal aisle lately? Not good Frown

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to look forward to the Holiday promos,
and as for cereal premiums, i think the Cereal Company's have forgotten what a premium is, even down here in Australia.

Posts: 97 | Location: Australia | Registered: December 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
This year's holiday sketch cards from 5finity feature the art of Danielle Soloud (last year was Amber Stone and the initial ones were done by Kathleen Webb). Only 60 exist although they are not individually numbered like in past years.

Danielle Soloud

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
Gallery slideshow of Holiday cards issued by Lucas Film for Star Wars 1977-2011. (Greeting cards not trading cards)
http://www.starwars.com/news/2..._card_checklist.html

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
That's a cool slideshow. Thanks for posting the link.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
We just got in a card from Cryptozoic:

We have a entry on the blog with many of the cards posted. I've updated it a couple of times so if you looked at it before the holidays, you might note there are couple of new ones added since.

Seasons Greetings

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I also got one of Ed's New Year cards - very nice! Thank you Ed and Happy New Year to all!

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
I got one of Ed's cards today too! Happy New Year Ed!

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
In my mailbox today. Nice start to the New Year for collecting, thanks Ed!!! Best wishes to you and your family for 2012! Smile Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post