Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Art of Sketch Cards promos
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Art of Sketch Cards promos
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
There are 9 promos, P1 to P9, available at a certain level when you pledge towards this new Kickstarter. I think the minimum pledge is $60 to get the set.

https://www.kickstarter.com/pr...&term=sketch%20cards

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I received an uncut sheet of the 9 promos with my book, #ed out of 200.

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
I posted these with the thread about the book, but here they are again for us promo nerds. David R asked me to post them.

David, can you please explain them?

9-cards front

9 cards backs

promo for the book

book promo back

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Todd.

On the Kickstarter, for a certain reward level you received a set of the P1 to P9 promos. For another pledge, there was an uncut sheet of these.

Then there are 2 other promos. Todd posted the common one that shows all of the images.

Reportedly, there was another promo limited to 50 that was supposed to be given out at the Spring 2020 Philly show, but it was not due to the show's cancellation. It depicts an alien, so I am told. Ingrid sent some out with the Kickstarter rewards but she doesn't have any left. I have never seen one. Frown

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Has anyone come across the Alien promo from this set, which I mentioned above ? I have not.

I am told it has the same front as Sci-Fi Cards promo P61 but a different back.

Only 50 were made, but I haven't seen any surface so far. A few were given out with the book that Ingrid released in 2020, but she ran out of them quickly.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see that the new Kickstarter comes with uncut sheets of new cards P10 to P27, if you pledge at a certain level, picking up from where the first campaign left off.

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The promos for this second book are numbered on the back and continue from where the first one (with the first book) left off. They will be included from the $250 level and up! Smile Elderly idiot that I am Twak , I must have done something wrong, that incentive is not listed at the $25 level. Will be making a KS update stating the fact.

Posts: 71 | Location: Province of Quebec | Registered: March 27, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Don't be so hard on yourself. You seem to know how to employ the appropriate emoji.

quote:
Originally posted by Ingrid Hardy:
The promos for this second book are numbered on the back and continue from where the first one (with the first book) left off. They will be included from the $250 level and up! Smile Elderly idiot that I am Twak , I must have done something wrong, that incentive is not listed at the $25 level. Will be making a KS update stating the fact.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
❤️

The first promo card for the 3rd - and last - volume of The Art of Sketch Cards is now being shipped with purchases from me. I'll have at least 2 different promos with me to the NSU show coming up in May (I simply cannot wait to go! It's been SO hard to get there!)

At my table there will also be promos from Lindsey Greyling and her new company, AS WELL AS a promo card promoting our podcast that will debut March 25th (available on all the regular places). The last seven copies of volume 1 of TAOSC will be with me (I've been keeping them for the show for two years, lol...) and copies of volume two. Will be very happy to sign them any way you wish if you'd like a copy!

Truly hope to be able to meet some of you there.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ingrid Hardy,

Posts: 71 | Location: Province of Quebec | Registered: March 27, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ingrid Hardy:
❤️

AS WELL AS a promo card promoting our podcast that will debut March 25th

My birthday, just thought i would mention it. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey! Early birthday wishes! Bonne Fête!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like Ingrid launched her latest Kickstarter which has 6 new promo cards, including a reprint of the rare Alien promo card from back in 2020, that none of us have ever seen

https://www.kickstarter.com/pr...f4&mc_eid=158ce9d2e4

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Looks like Ingrid launched her latest Kickstarter which has 6 new promo cards, including a reprint of the rare Alien promo card from back in 2020, that none of us have ever seen

https://www.kickstarter.com/pr...f4&mc_eid=158ce9d2e4

In all fairness, this isn't exactly correct.

The "Alien Card" was a 2020 SciFi Cards Promo that was NOT reprinted. I just gave Ingrid another supply of them while at the Philly Show this Spring.

I've done a few reprints to fix typos mostly, and I ALWAYS indicate a reprint usually by modifying the promo number (i.e. P2.1). But this one was supposed to be the 2020 show promo for the year, and the year never really happened. So, I had enough to give Ingrid more of them.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ed,

Now I am confused.

In 2020, Ingrid said that she had 2 promos for her first book. The common one in NSU, and an Alien one limited to 50 which had the same front as your Sci-Fi Cards one, but with a different back. From what I understand her limited promo had the same or similar back to her common NSU one.

I don't think her limited one was your card. I could be wrong. But I think that is what she posted here, somewhere.

Todd posted a scan of the common promo above on October 8, 2020. The one with the multiple images, including Zorro, Daniel Craig as Bond, Iron Man, etc.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tommy C,

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Ed,

Now I am confused.

In 2020, Ingrid said that she had 2 promos for her first book. The common one in NSU, and an Alien one limited to 50 which had the same front as your Sci-Fi Cards one, but with a different back. From what I understand her limited promo had the same or similar back to her common NSU one.

I don't think her limited one was your card. I could be wrong. But I think that is what she posted here, somewhere.

Todd posted a scan of the common promo above on October 8, 2020. The one with the multiple images, including Zorro, Daniel Craig as Bond, Iron Man, etc.

Maybe it's me that's confused.

Hopefully Ingrid sees this and stops by to set us both right.

I was not aware of another card being made with that same image, though Ingrid does have the right to do that even though I own the original as well. I've never thought to ask for exclusive rights to an image for a promo before...

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ingrid launched her new Kickstarter today which has new promo cards. Looks like only 100 sets available. Please pledge !

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
omg, Thank you so much for mentioning this! Yes ALL the cards are promo cards. Seven of these cards are brand new promos, including the two checklist cards for the podcast, two "Dragons" promo cards for my new upcoming set under the Long Dog Cards name, and three promo cards from Lindsey Greylings "Leg Day Cards" name.

All the cards available are shown on the Kickstarter page! Link ever so kindly posted by Tommy C, just above... ❤️