Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Various Video Game Promos
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Various Video Game Promos
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted
A friend of mine works at Game Stop, he moved away a few years ago but recently moved back to the area and I had lunch with him today and he gave me some promos cards that he got in the store and put away for me. I don't rememebr seeing these discussed but I could have easily missed them, but I thought these might be of interest. The first card is a Star Wars Force Unleashed card, a Halo card (hard plastic but still trading card size), and a set of Mario Super Sluggers Baseball cards, two header cards and a set of five characters. He also gave me a bunch of Spider-Man Web of Shadows cards that look a lot like the promo that was given out in San Diego a few years back, I will dig mine out and see if it is the same, and I also got a near set of 10 oversized Star Wars Force Unleased cards, Ultimate Sith Edition. Pretty cool stuff for free!

He also told me there will be cards inside the Arkham City deluxe edition that releases in October, he is working a getting me a set without having to buy an expensive video game.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Regarding Halo. My brother worked at Best Buy and they had these large Halo cards {approx 2.5" x 4"} that look similar to the one that is pictured above, just larger of course.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A few years ago, I bought a pack of that "Mario Super Sluggers" and mine has the same cards you have, but I've seen at least two other opened packs since then, and both had an 8th card, "Bowser Jr." I don't know if that means some packs just contained seven while others had the 8th one as a bonus or if some had only seven by mistake.

quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
A friend of mine works at Game Stop, he moved away a few years ago but recently moved back to the area and I had lunch with him today and he gave me some promos cards that he got in the store and put away for me. I don't rememebr seeing these discussed but I could have easily missed them, but I thought these might be of interest. The first card is a Star Wars Force Unleashed card, a Halo card (hard plastic but still trading card size), and a set of Mario Super Sluggers Baseball cards, two header cards and a set of five characters. He also gave me a bunch of Spider-Man Web of Shadows cards that look a lot like the promo that was given out in San Diego a few years back, I will dig mine out and see if it is the same, and I also got a near set of 10 oversized Star Wars Force Unleased cards, Ultimate Sith Edition. Pretty cool stuff for free!

He also told me there will be cards inside the Arkham City deluxe edition that releases in October, he is working a getting me a set without having to buy an expensive video game.

Posts: 4400 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post