Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Guardians of the Galaxy cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guardians of the Galaxy cards
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Anyone see these ? Apparently they were given out at comic stores that held a Release Party for the comic

I've seen some people selling 5 card sets, but elsewhere a discussion saying that there is a 6th card, a rare Iron Man card. Is this true ?

Posts: 4717 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
David ,
Yes , it's TRUE ,
The 6th card is IronMan

Posts: 1176 | Location: Rochester , NY , USA | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Kevin. Seems like most auctions I've seen are selling the 5 card pack, instead of the complete set of 6. I managed to find the Iron Man card, but I don't see any up for auction now. In your opinion, is it really tough to find ?

Posts: 4717 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Out of an entire stack of cards at one store they only got 2 Iron Man ones.

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Thanks, Kevin. Seems like most auctions I've seen are selling the 5 card pack, instead of the complete set of 6. I managed to find the Iron Man card, but I don't see any up for auction now. In your opinion, is it really tough to find ?

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

David ,

I had seen a post about these before they came out , I started asking all the local comic shops in my area ( Rochester , NY ) None of them were doing the Launch party as you had to order heavy on the comic book itself to participate , the only auctions i saw were for groups of 26 cards = 5 sets of 5 + 1 Ironman card , I would imagine it's safe to speculate that the Ironman card will be the hard 1 to find
but i could be wrong...

Posts: 1176 | Location: Rochester , NY , USA | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the pictures. A local comic store told me that he could order the complete set of 6 (presumably from Diamond) for $ 2.50, which is what he did for some customers.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I was told $5.00 for the whole bundle of 26.
Something is a little fishy, but which ever comic shop, and knowing some comic shops, it could be both, is blowing smoke, it's a very good deal either way. Let's just hope Diamond comes through for them/us.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
All I can say is that the local store sold me a sealed pack of cards, which had the Iron Man card in it, and he told me that Diamond only charged him $ 2.50 to purchase it. That's the info I have.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
All I can say is that the local store sold me a sealed pack of cards, which had the Iron Man card in it, and he told me that Diamond only charged him $ 2.50 to purchase it. That's the info I have.

Well, what I've been told is that it's a pack of 26 cards. So my LCS is making $2.50 for every one I ordered. No big deal, because I think it's still a good deal. Yet, with Diamond, it's no guarantee, so I bought a Guardians of the Galaxy comic/litho/card lot off ebay today to be sure I get the Iron Man card at a fair price.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post