Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Classic Batman Promos in NSU
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Classic Batman Promos in NSU
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
If anyone has a P5 for trade, please contact me!

"You think it's healthy to obsessively collect things? You can't relate to other people, so you fill your life with stuff... I'm just like all these other collector losers." -Steve Buscemi, Ghost World

Posts: 331 | Location: Chicago, IL USA | Registered: September 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Mac, I don't have an extra. Sorry. I only have an extra on P2

To answer your June 30 post, I had to keep buying many copies of NSU to get one.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's really frustrating. I've bought a dozen copies of the magazine and still haven't found a P5.

"You think it's healthy to obsessively collect things? You can't relate to other people, so you fill your life with stuff... I'm just like all these other collector losers." -Steve Buscemi, Ghost World

Posts: 331 | Location: Chicago, IL USA | Registered: September 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Believe me, I totally feel your pain

I hope that Crypto doesn't keep doing this with their promos in future NSUs, namely, having 5 or 6 different promos in each issue, which you have to chase after

To be honest, I was not happy a few months ago where they had different Hobbit, Walking Dead and Outlander promos where you had to buy multiple copies to get.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hopefully Mac has located a P5 by now. I am also looking for one if anyone has a spare available. I have no problem with Cryptozoic drip feeding this set on to the market the way they have but it is seriously frustrating when a single card issued in NSU is seemingly printed in such short numbers it feels like your searching for the Holy Grail. How many people will eventually have the other 43 cards but still be looking for this D7-P5 to complete the set!

Posts: 3 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: February 14, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here is the only one I have ever seen on ebay, which ended 8 months ago

He actually had 3 of them, but all gone now

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Crypto.../121987786264?_ul=AR

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And there were 9 new cards at the 2016 SDCC, so does this mean that there are 26 total so far ?

9 chase cards in the 2015 DC Villains set
9 from SDCC
6 NSU promos
2 regular promos (P2, P3)

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There were 9 more in the 2016 Justice League set, so I guess we are up to 35 cards now

You don't seem to see many of the 1 per box 2015 DC Villains Batman cards around...

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks David, seeing how Mac purchased 12 copies and did not get a P5 you wonder how that eBay seller managed to get his hands on three, if from the magazine he/she certainly beat the odds. Unfortunately I had not started collecting this set at thetime these three were listed.

That's right Tommy, 35 now released, perhaps the remaining 9 could well be in a forthcomimg Cryptozoic release. The cards from Batman Super Villains are tough to find now , I have only got two myself so far. It is just that I find the NSU P5 card really frustrating. Plenty of the other NSU cards have sold on eBay and I guess virtually all of these buyers will be looking for the P5 as well. Of course we will never know just how many were printed but there seems to be way more collectors of this set than there are P5 cards. I get the thrill of the chase but this card seems way too elusive considering it is one of a 44 card set!

Posts: 3 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: February 14, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Regarding the P5, maybe you can contact Beckett ? Just a thought.

On the 2015 DC Villains, I agree with Tommy. Just looking around at the auctions, I saw a complete set of 9 sell for $ 100, and then just 2 singles. I guess at 1 per box, they are all gone now

There are a few Justice League sets of 9 available

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I need all promos from set. My NSU did not have any in there.

Posts: 1760 | Location: Oshkosh | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
just checking, was this a batman promo in the latest NSU vol 28 #2 ?

Posts: 707 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They came in the issue released a year ago, spring 2016

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
More than a year later, I have not seen a P5 appear on ebay since May 2016

However, recent searches show that in the past few months, P1, P2, P3, P4 have all appeared

Curiously, no recent P6 promos...

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I'm glad to say I have managed to get all 6 Smile

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hammer, how were you able to find P5 ?

I have one, but didn't get it from ebay or from a copy of NSU. Someone sent me one, however.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I got mine from a US friend who managed to get 2 in the NSU's they purchased

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Are people still looking for the P5 promo on this set from 2016 ?

I wonder how many have shown up on ebay over the past few years

For reasons unknown, P1 to P4 and P6 are always on ebay, but never P5.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I came across a website where some die hard Batman collector from the UK is still looking for the P5 promo, 3 years after the release

He posted that he's offering $ 125 dollars for one ! So far, no one has one to sell him

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
There is a P5 currently listed on the auction site, but I cannot justify paying $150 for this card.

Posts: 1457 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post