Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Legend of the Guardians Promos
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Legend of the Guardians Promos
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted
I didn't see a thread about this but right now there's a trading card event going on at Aaron Brothers Art & Framing for the upcoming Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole movie.

Everytime you spend I believe it was $20 or $25 in "Big Top Artist" products at Aaron Brothers you get a free pack of 3 trading cards. There's 8 different cards total to collect. Each card is a character card for an owl. Apparently on Saturday if you take in all 8 cards you get some kind of case. I have no clue what that is though. I couldn't find any information about it.

The promotion is almost over and I got the impression that it hasn't gone over terribly well because the store my wife was at was surprised to have anyone ask about them.

Scans will be following in a couple minutes....

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Here's the scans of the front and back of the cards....

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting about these Jake. The cards appear to be really beautiful.

Hope I can snag a set. Closest Aarons to me is about 45 minutes away. Not sure I will make it there before the promotion is over.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
My mom would like these, she loves owls.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Does that mean that Wolfies mom.... "Gives a HOOT?" A hoot and a howl to the Wolfie clan. Great owl cards, my late mother always liked Bald Eagles........ (Not bald they got feathers there, maybe she knew I would be a part bald.... less hair but still there.) Ha Ha Clap Big Grin

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I emailed Aarons to see if I could get a set from them. No such luck!

So I did the next best thing and bought a set on Ebay. A lot cheaper than spending $60 at Aarons and still possibly not getting a full set (at least from what Aarons told me).

Be careful if buying a set from an auction site and you want a full set of cards. Some of the auctions are for less than a full set of 8 cards..

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
way cool looking promos Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
Like Mike, I bought these on eBay. It looks like a beautiful set. Thank you Jake for the information!

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
Apparently on Saturday if you take in all 8 cards you get some kind of case. I have no clue what that is though. I couldn't find any information about it.

I received my cards yesterday and, as a surprise bonus, they came with the case. It's basically a very thick toploader with a Legend of the Guardians sticker on the bottom. I'll post a picture shortly.

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Apologies for the less than stellar quality. I couldn't use my flash without it reflecting off the surface and I don't have a scanner.

With cards

Without cards

This message has been edited. Last edited by: The Mouseketeer,

Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting the images of the case... I guess my set will arrive today (hopefully).

Mike.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
Foiled again! No Aaron Bros in Utah! "Sigh*

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Has anyone got a spare Metalbeak please as i need that one to complete my set.

Thanks Wavey

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
Like Wolfie I am missing one card. My set is without The Leader Soren

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Has anyone got a spare Metalbeak please as i need that one to complete my set.

Thanks Wavey

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post
Oh wow! Eek My son Hunter would love these promos for his collection!

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post