Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Star Trek Picard promo
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek Picard promo
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Sorry John, I should have looked closer, yes that is exactly the lines I'm noticing on some envelopes. I don't know what they mean, I just assumed they have some purpose. Not necessarily postage, maybe just some processing point.

Hammer, I'm not questioning you at all. Trump wanted to privatize the US PO because of their waste and inefficiency. He was wrong about a lot, but not that. Even while they are getting more government money now, they say its still not enough and the service is getting worse. With international mailing, who knows what they are doing. Maybe they sent them on because they couldn't figure out how to return to sender. Big Grin

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
I'm not gonna defend the PO cause it's a mess, and coulda woulda shoulda done alot of things differently, but alot of it's budget issues are related to the crazy rule that they fund their retirement fund for 75 years in the future. Something required of no one else. They'd likely be profitable if not for that.

https://ips-dc.org/how-congres...s-and-how-to-fix-it/

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Raven:
Maybe they sent them on because they couldn't figure out how to return to sender. {/QUOTE]

Then why do we have to bother putting the return address (Rittenhouse) on the envelope which is what I did albeit on the back Twak

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Hey Lynne, since you bring up that article and the drain of the retirement fund on the Postal Service, have you heard the latest? The government is trying to legislate that all workers have mandatory contributions taken from their paychecks to fund their retirement accounts. Eventually they want 10% of pay to go to retirement for everyone. It's a good idea to save for the future, but some people need all of their money to live on right now. They want to change private companies to enforce government's notion of security while raising wages, only you can't take it all now. Big Grin

One of the big benefits of some government jobs is that pensions and health insurance are set for life after retirement. People are retiring early and living longer. The Postal Service isn't the only institution that is being hampered by previous employee commitments, but it still has to able to operate efficiently at a cost people can afford.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I got my Picard P2 in the mail yesterday.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Got my Picard P1 & P2 in the mail a couple of weeks back. Great that RA continue to offer free cards and help out international collectors as well.

Really looking forward to seeing some images from this set.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A Picard P2 sold on ebay on April 6 for $ 58 !

The buyer should have mailed in a SASE...

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post