Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Star Trek Picard promo
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek Picard promo
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Well that sounds crazy to me, don't Rittenhouse have envelopes? Confused

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Well that sounds crazy to me, don't Rittenhouse have envelopes? Confused

It's always been that way - SAE for a free card and either IRC and now a paypal payment

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My friend received his P2 from Rittenhouse today

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AWR
posted Hide Post
Received my P2 Picard Promo. Thanks to Rittenhouse for the offer

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I received my P2 today without officially asking for it. Thank you Rittenhouse.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
Gee, I hate to side with Wolfie, more out of prinicple than anything else, but why do you have to send a SASE if you sent them money? They don't need money if they have a SASE? Help a blonde outtttttt Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: STCardGeek,

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by STCardGeek:
Gee, I hate to side with Wolfie, more out of prinicple than anything else, but why do you have to send a SASE if you sent them money? They don't need money if they have a SASE? Help a blonde outtttttt Wink

As some of these requesters are in the UK, is it possible that RA has different mailing requirements when its international shipping? If that's not it, I agree with you. If you have to send a properly stamped SASE, what are you paying for? The promo is supposed to be free.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

Gee, I hate to side with Wolfie,

you can go off people ya know. Big Grin

My point exactly, Rittenhouse have tons of envelopes and if i have sent them a load of cash i would expect them to use one.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Wait a minute, rereading this thread, it looks like you have to send a self addressed envelope to RA, but it doesn't need to include the postage if you are paying the postage through PayPal. Could that be it?

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Regarding my comment about the envelope not having a stamp. I believe that the stamp was somehow not applied yet by some fluke it arrived, my previous request and delivery in January did have a stamp on the envelope. It appears that I was very lucky hence my thank you to Rittenhouse. My other comment was intended to imply that customer services must have second sight and enclosed the other social media card that had just been made available so that person saved me asking for it. Sometimes two promo cards are advertised as being available and I have always managed to get thw two cards with just the one payment.

Just for information purposes I have copied and shown below exactly what is on the Rittenhouse website regarding acquiring free promo card(s).

"International collectors (including those in Canada) may request promo cards by sending in a letter sized self-addressed envelope. Shipping for promo cards is $4.00 U.S. outside of the United States. Collectors may either include U.S. postage stamps (not International Reply Coupons), or they may send payment through Paypal (our Paypal address is steve@scifihobby.com ). Please note - whether your are making payment for shipping costs by sending us US postage stamps OR paying Via PayPal, you need to send us a self addressed envelope. If you include packing materials (ie top loaders, padding, special envelope, etc) you will need to include additional postage. Envelopes other than standard letter size will incur additional fees. Email any questions regarding the cost of shipping promo cards to our Customer Relations Dept. at custrelations@scifihobby.com. Thanks for your cooperation and understanding of the costs of these international shipments."

Again, I reiterate that with a couple of flukes I received two cards.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
OK, I see. They need a SAE from everyone but since international reply coupons are hard to get (if not impossible these days???), you can sub the coupon part with paypal.
It's not the envelope itself that is what they need, it's the ready done address on it.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: STCardGeek,

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
OK, I see. They need a SAE from everyone but since international reply coupons are hard to get (if not impossible these days???), you can sub the coupon part with paypal.
It's not the envelope itself that is what they need, it's the ready done address on it.

Yes, they don't sell IRC's anymore

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I sent in a SASE for the P1 and they sent me both P1 and P2 in one envelope/toploader. Thanks, Rittenhouse !

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
Regarding my comment about the envelope not having a stamp. I believe that the stamp was somehow not applied yet by some fluke it arrived.

regards

John

Mine arrived today with no stamp on either!!!! What is going on?

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
Regarding my comment about the envelope not having a stamp. I believe that the stamp was somehow not applied yet by some fluke it arrived.

regards

John

Mine arrived today with no stamp on either!!!! What is going on?

Are you sure that there isn't some barcode or other indication of a pre-payment on the envelope? Not for nothing, but domestic mail will be returned without postage, can't believe international mail is going for free. RA must be paying via some postal arrangement.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Are you sure that there isn't some barcode or other indication of a pre-payment on the envelope? Not for nothing, but domestic mail will be returned without postage, can't believe international mail is going for free. RA must be paying via some postal arrangement.

You'd think after all these years of purchasing cards from around the world I'd be able to spot a barcode on an envelope. I'm always disappointed when an envelope has a bar code and not a stamp as I collect stamps as well. In fact RA don't know what happened either but somehow both mine and John's envelope got here without a stamp - OR BARCODE.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Raven

I managed to fish out my envelope from the pile of envelopes that were to be shredded (which I should have done yesterday but didn't) and it does not have a barcode that I would recognise as such but it does have a lines of dots in black and orange. The orange line appears further down the envelope and on the other side. Are these the barcode you are referring to. See the scan of the part of the envelope I am talking about.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

regards

John

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Hey John. I think there might be something wrong with your scan again, I can't see an image in your post. But I wouldn't know if those types of markings mean anything to the PO or if it might just be something in the envelope RA used anyway.

My comment was a general one because the PO is now running different programs for different types of businesses, media mail being one of them. I'm getting some mail in envelopes or wrapped in plastic that have no stamps, but printed boxes and often barcodes too. It means nothing to me, but must mean something to them. I just don't understand those cards getting to two different people in the UK without postage from the sender.

It's curious, but if that's what happened, it shows another reason why the PO is going bankrupt. Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Raven

The image is there, it's just the white rectangle with my name handwritten. The lines just above the handwriting could in my opinion be evidence that it has gone through a PO machine that should have printed the postage but did not. At the bottom of the envelope and upside down is the following statement:-

"PHILADEPLHIA PA 190
25 FEB 2021 PM 8 L"

which what I would have expected the franking to be across the stamp if one had been on the envelope.

regards

John

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
As I stated above, I contacted RA telling them that my envelope had arrived without a stamp and they didn't know why that happened. If they were using a franking machine or barcode they would have said so. Somehow 2 envelopes have got to the UK without a stamp or barcode. We were lucky, if the US had spotted it they would have returned them to sender, I assume.