Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Star Wars 40th Anniversary Celebration Promos "Volunteer Edition"
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars 40th Anniversary Celebration Promos "Volunteer Edition"
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted
Matt Bible -

I just received an email with this variant version of the Star Wars 40th Anniversary Celebration Promos. I plan on putting them in Beckett's database. It is my understanding these were given to the volunteers of the con and no one else. I have no clue how many exist but there can't be many of them. They aren't serial numbered and have "volunteer edition" stamped on the front. Pretty cool.

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Those will be valuable...

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So the regular set of C1 to C4 was limited to 200 ? And were they sold at the Orlando, FL show or given out for free ?

I had never heard of either version until now

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Given out with purchase of a $100 box of Star Wars Sugar Free Gum Wrappers or Attack of The Clones 3D Widevision at the Topps booth. I think it was one card per each box purchased. They were trading for around $150 per card, but the price seems to have dropped some.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
So the regular set of C1 to C4 was limited to 200 ? And were they sold at the Orlando, FL show or given out for free ?

I had never heard of either version until now

Each card is individually numbered. The volunteer set was announced ahead of time as they were trying to get people to sign up and volunteer, although no images were released. The regular C1-C4 cards were announced via word of mouth when the show opened on Thursday.

For cards C1 - C4, you had to spend $50 at the Topps booth you got the card they were giving out that day. A different card for each day.

For the Volunteer set, you had to work a minimum of 12 hours to get it.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post