Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Cosmic Carnival 10-Card Set
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cosmic Carnival 10-Card Set
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted
This one falls directly into the "is it really a promo" category.

Suncoast Pinball and Arcade made a pinball machine called Cosmic Carnival.

With each machine, they shipped a 10 card set of trading cards. Sounds like a promo, yes? However, they are now selling the extras on their website for $20.

Cosmic Carnival Trading Cards

So, you decide. Looks like a fun set, and as a pinball collector and player I think I'll have to order a set.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's not really a promo if you can just buy it from the company now though it's still one to those who bought the machine, so yeah, it's one of those gray area things. The good thing is that anyone who knew about and wanted it before but couldn't kick out $4500 for a pinball machine can get it now.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It sorts of reminds me of those cards that we've seen in recent years in arcades, where you push the coins and the cards (hopefully) fall down for you to retrieve. Going down the shore, I've seen several series of DC Comics cards in these machines (Batman and villains, etc) I wonder if anyone collects those.

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Dont know about collecting the vending machine cards
But there are quiet often vending machine cards for sale
Mainly DC or Marvel

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C: Going down the shore, I've seen several series of DC Comics cards in these machines (Batman and villains, etc) I wonder if anyone collects those.

I don't see those kinds of vending machine cards anymore where I am. I still see a couple of places with candy type machines that drop card packs of retail product. Then there are garbage stickers in .50 cent old gumball type machines. Nothing I would call vending machine or arcade cards.

If there are places with exclusive or different cards in vending machines I'm sure someone is collecting them. Whether that means they are collectibles is a different matter. If the DC Comic cards are licensed through DC they are collectibles. If they are just using unlicensed images of DC characters they can still be collected, but your descendants will never get on the Antique Roadshow with them. Big Grin

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here is an example of what cards I am talking about. There are many different ones.

I see these types all over the Jersey shore at the boardwalk arcades. Note the cards

https://andamirousa.com/product/dc-superheroes/

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
That website makes a point of saying that it has both DC and Marvel licenses for their games and their games with cards featuring comic characters. So that would be the answer for those machines, they would be legit collectibles for those who desired to build a set.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have seen those DC Comics push machine cards, as well, on the NJ boardwalks. Never seen anyone play the games. Smile

I have also seen ones with cards from the 1939 Wizard of Oz movie

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post