Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    CRYPTOZOIC MIDDLE EARTH
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CRYPTOZOIC MIDDLE EARTH
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted
Just saw the new promo cards for this. I have seen P1, P2 and P3 so far.

These are definatly on my wants list. Smile

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Are these 3 in the new NSU, 1 card per issue ?

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Are these 3 in the new NSU, 1 card per issue ?

Yes, just to confirm...we inserted those three cards in the new issue, one per issue.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Got P1 character montage. Like I said in the other thread, good looking card but too dark. Dark figures in black cloaks on black background. Only Gandalf stands out in his white. I hope the set is brighter and more colorful, but probably not given the costumes.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My two copies both had P2. Anyone have a P1 or P3 to spare ?

David

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A set of 3 promos, P1-P3, was on the auction site today and immediately sold.

Not too many of these have shown up on ebay over the past 3-4 weeks. Are folks not opening NSUs anymore ?

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's probably just a matter of a lot of buyers keeping what they got especially something from a popular franchise like Lord of the Rings.

quote:
A set of 3 promos, P1-P3, was on the auction site today and immediately sold.

Not too many of these have shown up on ebay over the past 3-4 weeks. Are folks not opening NSUs anymore ?

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
People tend to hold on to promos until they decide if they are doing the set or not. Also its difficult to find all 3 promos with blind NSU buys. I see a lot of the subscription copies carrying the same promo, while store copies have doubles of other promo numbers at the same locations.

I know NSU will probably say they mix them up, but every time I buy two copies to get two different promo numbers I seem to only find doubles of one. It does make sense to buy someone's 3 card set if you really want them, rather than keep buying magazines.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It sounds like an added step to a process to try to mix them up before they get packed to ship. I don't know the process, though. Maybe some get mixed up anyway.

Even If you get two of one any of these LOTR cards, it seems like you can find somebody who would want to trade for the extra. I'll probably try my luck if I see copies still on the shelf on my next trip to B&N.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
People tend to hold on to promos until they decide if they are doing the set or not. Also its difficult to find all 3 promos with blind NSU buys. I see a lot of the subscription copies carrying the same promo, while store copies have doubles of other promo numbers at the same locations.

I know NSU will probably say they mix them up, but every time I buy two copies to get two different promo numbers I seem to only find doubles of one. It does make sense to buy someone's 3 card set if you really want them, rather than keep buying magazines.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have a spare P1 that I'd like to trade for a P3 if anyone has an extra...

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The new NSU has P4. Is there more than one promo in this issue ? I recall that last year the NSUs had P1 to 3, 1 per copy

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like the new NSU has promos P4 to P6, 1 random card per issue

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looks like the new NSU has promos P4 to P6, 1 random card per issue

Just as an FYI....assuming the printer inserted these as instructed, P4 is the most commonly inserted promo, P5 is less common, and P6 will be the hardest to find. They are at about a 3-2-1 mix, if that makes sense.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
One person seems to be selling multiple sets of these 3 new promos. Guess he opened alot of NSUs.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
One person seems to be selling multiple sets of these 3 new promos. Guess he opened alot of NSUs.

you guess that if you wish.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:

you guess that if you wish.

Ye of little faith! Big Grin

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

Ye of little faith! Big Grin

Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I opened up a few of the new NSUs and all contained promo P4, no P5 or P6

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like there is a P7 promo at SDCC