Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    TV Station PHL17 giving away show themed cards
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TV Station PHL17 giving away show themed cards
 Login/Join

Picture of miket999
posted
The Philadelphia, PA TV station PHL17 is giving away cards showing characters from Family Guy, 2 1/2 Men, and Big Bang Theory.

There appears to be 15 different cards right now. I received a set in the mail today. The cards are a bit smaller than standard trading cards, 2 inches x 3.5 inches. Well done.

You have to "Like" them on Facebook, click the PHL17 Card giveway button on the left, and follow the instructions after that.

I hope they do more of these...

Mike.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: miket999,

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I'm assuming this is USA only, any idea?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
These are actually business card size. PHL 17 was giving them away at Wizard World Philly. Batman mentioned them (and there is a picture of some of them) in his thread here:

Wizard World Philly

At the show, they were only giving us one card per person at first and then later, they gave us a bunch each.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I got two sets in the mail today, fun cards! Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
These are actually business card size. PHL 17 was giving them away at Wizard World Philly. Batman mentioned them (and there is a picture of some of them) in his thread here:

Wizard World Philly

At the show, they were only giving us one card per person at first and then later, they gave us a bunch each.

Yes, that is where I first read about them was in Bob's post. Thought it worth reposting the info in the promo thread especially once I found out the Facebook offer was good.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting about this FB offer... Now I just hope I actually get them!!

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
It took about 3 + weeks for me to get mine, but they are unique in their own right, being business sized and all. Definitely worth the wait and the price, which was free. You can't beat that !

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip Mike. Hopefully I didn't miss out. I have a lot of catching up to do with promos.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I hope I get a set. Ordered as soon as I say this thread. Thanks for the heads up.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A set came in the mail yesterday, nice freebie!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Anyone in the UK get any?

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
No, the website would not allow you to order them if you were outside the USA.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
I got a set of these today, a little beat up, but what the ... they were free.

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Still awaiting my cards.

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Monsterama2000
posted Hide Post
I got my set today. Nice looking cards.

Posts: 120 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Nothing yet. Frown Hope I get them.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
It's a great set, all right. I got mine yesterday. They come in a packet that says Series 1 on them, so hopefully there will be more of them down the line.
There are 15 cards in all, with 5 from Big Bang, 5 from Family Guy, and 5 from Two and a Half Men featuring the lead characters from those three shows.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Got mine today. Very pleased with them.

posted Hide Post
I got mine Monday. They are awesome especially since they were free...lol

Posts: 74 | Location: Buffalo, NY | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
They arrived in a folded paper "wrapper" and they are well worth the price! Big Grin

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post