Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Levi's 501 Originals Promos
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Levi's 501 Originals Promos
 Login/Join

posted
If you didn't know about this yet, Parkside partnered with Levis to make this set and it's pretty damn cool!

Here's the IG link to a pack opening. These are an awesome mixture of sports/nonsport. The checklist is : Hailey Bieber, Emma Chamberlain, Jaden Smith, Marcus Rashford, Naomi Osaka, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, and Barbie Ferreira. They all have autographs and auto relics (very limited)

The base has the following parallels: red/50, blue/25, silver (or gray)/5 and gold/1. I don't think the autos and relics have parallels.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CPGmzXtHvuP/

Posts: 275 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: June 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the notice. There is a Levi's store not far from here and I will check it out tomorrow.

The first guy said there are only 7000 packs total and the packs are free with purchase.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by BeckettBible24:
If you didn't know about this yet, Parkside partnered with Levis to make this set and it's pretty damn cool!

Here's the IG link to a pack opening. These are an awesome mixture of sports/nonsport. The checklist is : Hailey Bieber, Emma Chamberlain, Jaden Smith, Marcus Rashford, Naomi Osaka, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, and Barbie Ferreira. They all have autographs and auto relics (very limited)

The base has the following parallels: red/50, blue/25, silver (or gray)/5 and gold/1. I don't think the autos and relics have parallels.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CPGmzXtHvuP/

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
The cards look great, but getting a set would be quite expensive. That many jeans would fill my closet.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I went to the local Levi's store yesterday but they were out of packs. The clerk at the register said they didn't get that many. 501 day was May 20 so they might have run out by the end of that day.

I see some hopeful soul trying to get $500 per card online. Someone else is offering a set for $2000.

Jess

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
I see some hopeful soul trying to get $500 per card online. Someone else is offering a set for $2000.

Jess

Hey Jess,

This is why, if I had my own business, I wouldn't give anything away as a free promotion unless it was an unadvertised perk. Which of course defeats the idea of having a promotion entirely, but you want to be doing it for your customers and to get more customers. The people who are after these card packs will not be returning for jeans and they will pay as little as possible to qualify for the purchase. Meanwhile the people who actually are your customers get shut out and they get mad. You can't win.

The same sentiment takes over certain celebrities when they are approached for autographs or get mail requests and consistently see the same people asking. They know whatever they sign is being put up for sale and that this is not just a fan, but a paid free lancer who runs straight to an autograph seller. So they don't like being used and they stop signing in public or TTM.

Which ruins it for real fans who want the autograph as a keepsake and now have little chance of getting a free one and are disappointed when turned down.

Posts: 10381 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm not on Instagram so the page won't display for me. I recognize maybe two of the signers. I didn't know Levi's had its own stores. There are none near me.

Sets like this are so bizarre because like others have pointed out it's going to be difficult for anyone to put together a whole set and does anybody actually want a complete set? I guess hardcore fans of the celebrities (?) may want an auto card.

That said, I actually like weird little promotional sets like these.

Posts: 62 | Location: The World | Registered: August 03, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey Raven,

According to one site, you had to buy a pair of 501 jeans which is about a $50-60 purchase. At the store, I wondered if I could get a pack if I bought a 3-pack of Levi's masks for $5 but they were out of packs anyway.

In that Instagram video, they warned that it was a limited thing. It doesn't appear a lot of people have heard about it anyway so there may not be much whining. 7000 packs spread out over all the stores worldwide is not a lot of packs per store. Maybe they'll do it again for the 150th anniversary.

I see a pack sold with a Best Offer for something less than $500. I'm guessing maybe $400.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:

Jess

Hey Jess,

This is why, if I had my own business, I wouldn't give anything away as a free promotion unless it was an unadvertised perk. Which of course defeats the idea of having a promotion entirely, but you want to be doing it for your customers and to get more customers. The people who are after these card packs will not be returning for jeans and they will pay as little as possible to qualify for the purchase. Meanwhile the people who actually are your customers get shut out and they get mad. You can't win.

The same sentiment takes over certain celebrities when they are approached for autographs or get mail requests and consistently see the same people asking. They know whatever they sign is being put up for sale and that this is not just a fan, but a paid free lancer who runs straight to an autograph seller. So they don't like being used and they stop signing in public or TTM.

Which ruins it for real fans who want the autograph as a keepsake and now have little chance of getting a free one and are disappointed when turned down.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm not on Instagram but the video played for me.

Yeah, I like oddball sets too so I tried to get a pack not caring if it would be valuable.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Bob Johnson:
I'm not on Instagram so the page won't display for me. I recognize maybe two of the signers. I didn't know Levi's had its own stores. There are none near me.

Sets like this are so bizarre because like others have pointed out it's going to be difficult for anyone to put together a whole set and does anybody actually want a complete set? I guess hardcore fans of the celebrities (?) may want an auto card.

That said, I actually like weird little promotional sets like these.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Hey Raven,

According to one site, you had to buy a pair of 501 jeans which is about a $50-60 purchase.

I see a pack sold with a Best Offer for something less than $500. I'm guessing maybe $400.

Jess

Hey Jess,

Well that would be a nice profit and a pair of jeans, for those so inclined, but I think you're right. I would think most of this went to people who had a heads-up.

Not that it matters to me. I'm not chasing those signers and I doubt I could use a 501 these days. I need the relaxed fit, very relaxed. Big Grin

Posts: 10381 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
How many cards are in the base set ? Just 7 or 8 ?

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here is a link to some images which are Sport orientated but they do give you some idea

Levi 501

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The link says that you can also get packs through the Levi's website.

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't see where that is clearly stated but it looks like there are 8 cards total - one for each of the 7 celebrities and then one that shows all 7.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
How many cards are in the base set ? Just 7 or 8 ?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So one pack gives you the 8 base cards (a set) and the possibility of a "hit", and yet people are selling sets and packs on ebay for $ 500 ?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, it seems you are most likely to get the base set but one of them might be a rare parallel. It's a weird situation where most of the people that have them may be not card collectors. Hipsters who are into them now might throw them away tomorrow. There's a chance I'll see some cards when flea markets start up again.

quote:
So one pack gives you the 8 base cards (a set) and the possibility of a "hit", and yet people are selling sets and packs on ebay for $ 500 ?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The website says that if you order a pair of jeans directly from Levi's on line, they mail you a pack of cards in the pocket of the jeans.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
The website says that if you order a pair of jeans directly from Levi's on line, they mail you a pack of cards in the pocket of the jeans.

That link is to some sort of card blog. Tried to check the actual Levi online website and can't find a mention to the promotion, so would suggest to confirm that the promotion is still valid, if anyone is buying for that reason alone.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I did email the company around May 28-29 to see if it was still possible to get a pack with an online order and got a quick response. They had run out already.

posted Hide Post
Just got real lucky and was given a set from a friend who bought a pair of jeans a month ago. He told me there was a bunch of sets sitting there and he could have taken as many as he wanted but asked and they told him all were the same so he just grabbed once. I need to train them better! Glad to not have to pay $200 to get one!

Posts: 70 | Location: New York | Registered: September 18, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's great. Even if the value drops off the cliff, as people move on to the next hot collectible and the one after that, you still have something very rare.

quote:
Originally posted by Kevins:
Just got real lucky and was given a set from a friend who bought a pair of jeans a month ago. He told me there was a bunch of sets sitting there and he could have taken as many as he wanted but asked and they told him all were the same so he just grabbed once. I need to train them better! Glad to not have to pay $200 to get one!