Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Versicolor Bettie Page Promo List
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Versicolor Bettie Page Promo List
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
I received my album (binder) today and there was no promo with it.

Really? That's very disappointing.
I was going to order that UK Binder because it included the BP19 promo, and because my Bettie Page promos need their own Binder.
But if the promo isn't included, I don't think it will be worth paying the shipping costs to have the Binder sent to me Shake Head

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
"50 of each promo have been held back to be given away as special promo redemption sets in the full 50-card sets. This is why only 150 of the Facebook promos were given away. Shipley says “Of course, we couldn’t do that with the #12 card, so we made a nice glossy variation and #’ed it BP12a-FOB."

So the wait begins for the set to be released to then find all the variants of the promos. Big Grin
Wow, that's going to be at least 40 promos all together Eek

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
quote:

I was going to order that UK Binder because it included the BP19 promo, and because my Bettie Page promos need their own Binder.
But if the promo isn't included, I don't think it will be worth paying the shipping costs to have the Binder sent to me Shake Head

I got an e-mail from DMC - The Promo WILL be provided for all binders

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
quote:

I got an e-mail from DMC - The Promo WILL be provided for all binders

Well that's good to know Smile
I'm off to order one then.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Yes, that's good news, since the shipping cost for the binder was twice the album's cost. The promo will make up for that somewhat. I hope they don't lose my address. The hunt for these promos is getting a little discouraging now, but I'm still trying.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Versicolor
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes, I've been told that the promo will be provided and sent later to anyone who already ordered and received their binders.

Billy

Posts: 122 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
I have now heard from the supplier and the card BP 19 UKB is due to be released in mid August. I also received a scan of the card front and back and permission to release it.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

John is it the intention to send to those who have purchased the binder?

Hammer

As your email from the supplier has revealed the answer is yes!

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
According to what Billy Shipley said on the NSU blog, there a couple of additional promos to find:

• BP12a-FOB - "50 of each promo have been held back to be given away as special promo redemption sets in the full 50-card sets. This is why only 150 of the Facebook promos were given away. Shipley says “Of course, we couldn’t do that with the #12 card, so we made a nice glossy variation and #’ed it BP12a-FOB."

• BP1-CECE (variant) - "And we also destroyed 50 of the #1 promo and reran 50 with the artists name on the back because we forgot to put it on the first time.”

• #50 Promo - "Shipley tells us there is one more Bettie Page promo on the horizon. 'The #50 promo card which will be sent only to the dealers who purchase large numbers of boxes.'”

The hunt continues! Luv You

• I'm going to be soooooooooo broke. LOL. I will need to find these three.

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Gold Card Talk Member
    posted Hide Post
    Just bought the binder--purchase price plus shipping to the U.S., roughly $ 63.00 Frown

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Titanium Card Talk Member
    Picture of wolfie
    posted Hide Post
    NNNNnnnnooooooooo, that can't be right. Eek

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Silver Card Talk Member
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Tommy C:
    Just bought the binder--purchase price plus shipping to the U.S., roughly $ 63.00 Frown

Are you sure that's right? I just went through it and it came to about $36. You may have your numbers switched. Smile

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Platinum Card Talk Member
    Picture of Batman
    posted Hide Post
    I think you may have done what I did Ted, which is not check off that it is being shipped out of the UK. I got my money refunded and then I went to order again and it was close to $70.00, the shipping was more than the binder itself. I was able to get help from a friend from the UK so I won't have to pay the outrageous shipping. Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Gold Card Talk Member
    posted Hide Post
    Ted, you must have done what I did, at first. The seller than emailed me and requested an additional $ 25 or so to ship to the U.S. Hence, approximately $ 63

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Silver Card Talk Member
    posted Hide Post
    Oh jeez, that's a bummer! Guess I'll be cancelling my order then. There's no way I can justify almost doubling the cost! Frown

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of cmcdjj37
    posted Hide Post
    That really sucks, I was planning on odering the binder tomorrow. No way I can justify that cost to the wife. Frown

Posts: 209 | Location: Castle Rock, Colorado | Registered: July 21, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Silver Card Talk Member
    Picture of BILLZEE
    posted Hide Post
    Yeah, $63 is a little bit more than I need to be spending on 1 promo card and a 3-ring binder.

Guess I'm not addicted to promo cards after all... Big Grin

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Gold Card Talk Member
    Picture of Mister E.
    posted Hide Post
    Me to.

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Gold Card Talk Member
    Picture of cardaddict
    posted Hide Post
    It's a UK, and therefore a FOUR ring binder, in which our US sheets don't fit. Have to get out the hole puncher again. Ain't collecting fun! And of course no pages are provided with the binder. I had to punch out holes to fit pages in my PRISONER UK binder too. They don't fit too well but I did the best I could.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Silver Card Talk Member
    Picture of Juelle Lou
    posted Hide Post
    Well, can I just say first off how amusing it is to see roles reversed Wink
    All the Americans are complaining about how much postage costs, welcome to my world! Big Grin Razz

For me buying a binder is always expensive, postage to Australia usually costs about double the price of the Binder.
    So this is nothing new to me, just makes you very choosey about what you buy.

By the way, I emailed the kind people at DMC Collectables about the Binder and promo and was told by the very nice Mark that the promo is still three weeks away and he is away for two weeks so nothing will happen in that time if I purchase the Binder.
    He said that he will hold back my Binder until the promos are ready so they can be sent together, and the price of postage is so expensive because it is insured and tracked.

Silver Card Talk Member
    Picture of Juelle Lou
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    It's a UK, and therefore a FOUR ring binder, in which our US sheets don't fit. Have to get out the hole puncher again. Ain't collecting fun! And of course no pages are provided with the binder. I had to punch out holes to fit pages in my PRISONER UK binder too. They don't fit too well but I did the best I could.

That's interesting Cardaddict, does that mean Ultra Pro pages won't fit?
    What do the UK guys over there use?