Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Versicolor Bettie Page Promo List
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Versicolor Bettie Page Promo List
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I received my # 19 from the UK today. Mine came with the binder, not separate. Maybe because I am in the U.S. ?

Now all I am missing are the promo #50, plus the variants on #1 and 12 that are only available by sending in the redemption...

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
I received my # 19 from the UK today. Mine came with the binder, not separate. Maybe because I am in the U.S. ?

Early orders came without promo and have been sent out later

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
It will be interesting to see how long it takes for the Binder to arrive in Australia, as I haven't received mine yet...
I imagine another couple of weeks thanks to the wonderful Aussie Customs Big Grin Razz Twak

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have seen the first promo #50 on one of those auction sites...

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I got my Binder today with the #BP 19 Smile

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I was just thinking, and there is probably a really obvious answer that I can't think of yet.
How come the promos went from #19 to #50?

Picture of Versicolor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
I was just thinking, and there is probably a really obvious answer that I can't think of yet.
How come the promos went from #19 to #50?

The "50" promo is not a standard promo. It was sent out to dealers exclusively to show what an actual card from the set looks like. It is simply card #50 from the set, except with the word "PROMO" stamped across the back. Sort of a toss back to the early days of promo cards! Smile

Posts: 122 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
That's a really nice touch to the set Thumb Up

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Is there a redemption card for the actual stamp used to stamp PROMO on the #50 base card?

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Versicolor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
Is there a redemption card for the actual stamp used to stamp PROMO on the #50 base card?

It wasn't actually "stamped", it was printed on with the rest of the card.

Posts: 122 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
I received my Bettie Page the Private Collection Binder
- had to order from the UK
just a black binder with the logo on the front
but came with another Bettie Page promo

PB19-UKB

this will be a hard to collect Smile

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hcbrewer:
I received my Bettie Page the Private Collection Binder
- had to order from the UK
just a black binder with the logo on the front
but came with another Bettie Page promo

PB19-UKB

this will be a hard to collect Smile

Talk about a smoking gun. Me like. Drool

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
That is a gorgeous promo. Big Grin

I also have a question. Is the following Bettie Page promos the only ones with variant artists lists on the back?

BP3-Philly (2 variations) & BP4-NYCC (2 variations)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Elaine Perna,

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looking around on the 'net, I have seen the redemption card (only 50 made) which is the only way to get the variants on promos #1 and 12. So it IS out there...

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looking around on the 'net, I have seen the redemption card (only 50 made) which is the only way to get the variants on promos #1 and 12. So it IS out there...

It's going to be real interesting trying to find those. I still need to find the variant BP4-NYCC (with Arie Monroe as the first artist name on the list on the back of the card). I love the chase. Smile

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, that can be a hard-to-find promo when you're looking for it. With that card you have promo collectors and BP compleatist collectors trying to track it down. If you got it for less than $25, that's a good deal.

The Topps Betty Page Illustrated promo is another BP card that is undervalued relative to its rarity. I think someone had one for $50 on Ebay earlier this year. That might be a fair price, but in this economy, the average collector seems to want something new and rare and more high-profile for that price.

I met the artist of the Betty Page Illustrated promo, the late great Dave Stevens, at the 1998 SDCC and he said even he didn't get one from Topps. He seemed mildly irritated but he didn't whine about it. I think they might have been given out only at a pin-up convention like Glamourcon or at a collectibles show other than a regular card show because I got mine from a dealer that didn't specialize in cards.

quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
If that last promo card shown isn't the #50, which promo card is it?

This is from the back of the card, which my dealer told me is rare, although he didn't charge me much for it:

GLAMORCON 1tm
Los Angeles, California
September 25 & 26, 1993
Limited Edition
All proceeds donated to Miss Page
From the
Luger, Holmes Families
& Betty to Bettie

It lookes nice so I included it in the picture

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elaine Perna:
quote:

It's going to be real interesting trying to find those. I still need to find the variant BP4-NYCC (with Arie Monroe as the first artist name on the list on the back of the card). I love the chase. Smile

I just picked up some of those. Big Grin

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
quote:
Originally posted by Elaine Perna:
quote:

I just picked up some of those. Big Grin

Hmmmmmm.... I wonder what I have to do to get one. Razz

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
There is already one in the mail to you my dear. Wink

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
There is already one in the mail to you my dear. Wink

You truely are the best Iggy! Clap