Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Versicolor Bettie Page Promo List

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/661605453/m/1477015406

August 07, 2011, 09:08 PM
Jake
Versicolor Bettie Page Promo List
Batman did you have any luck tracking 1 down other than the scary auction? I didn't. I was nowhere close to having a full set of the promos but whew that hurt watching lol

August 07, 2011, 10:12 PM
Batman
Maybe I'm bitter, but I'm a card collector, I spent a great deal of money to go to Comic Con, and they didn't even post about this until well into the show, and now we see who is profiting. It sucks, quite frankly. I won't be ordering any sets.

August 08, 2011, 12:09 AM
Versicolor
This is Billy from Versicolor Productions. It's been a long time coming, but now it's just six more weeks until the release of the Bettie Page Private Collection!

I was unaware that the auction mentioned was from Tim Shay. As a thank you for passing out the cards, he was given one card for himself. What he did or does with his personal promo was entirely up to him, and he decided to sell it. That was the least we could do for him after he kindly agreed to pass out the cards for us while he was there having fun. And he has even been generous enough to mail out and pay the postage for several people who have requested some of the regular Bettie promos that were left over.

As for the announcement of the giveaway, it was announced on the Friday morning of the show. There were still 3 days of the San Diego show left for people to know about the promo. It was supposed to be a last minute surprise, and there are hundreds of items given away at San Diego Comic-Con that are never even announced. Whether people choose to check our Facebook site regularly or not is completely up to them.

And the GREAT NEWS is that for all of you who are having trouble finding the short run Bettie Page promos, there will be 50 redemption cards randomly inserted throughout the full 50-card sets which will be for a complete run of Bettie Page promo cards! They will include the rare "Prism" finish BP18-SDCC promo card. The sets will also include some special variation exclusive promos only found in these redemption sets. That is 1 for about every 20 sets.

So for those of you purchasing a set, GOOD LUCK!

August 08, 2011, 02:22 AM
Batman
quote:
I was unaware that the auction mentioned was from Tim Shay. As a thank you for passing out the cards, he was given one card for himself. What he did or does with his personal promo was entirely up to him, and he decided to sell it. That was the least we could do for him after he kindly agreed to pass out the cards for us while he was there having fun. And he has even been generous enough to mail out and pay the postage for several people who have requested some of the regular Bettie promos that were left over.

As for the announcement of the giveaway, it was announced on the Friday morning of the show. There were still 3 days of the San Diego show left for people to know about the promo. It was supposed to be a last minute surprise, and there are hundreds of items given away at San Diego Comic-Con that are never even announced. Whether people choose to check our Facebook site regularly or not is completely up to them.

Nice reply. I'll be sure to double my order.

August 08, 2011, 10:59 AM
Elaine Perna
I believe that Tom Breyer (at Julio's NonSport table) also had some promos. I couldn't make the con at all and Tim Shay was a real sweetie and sent me a glossy and matte promo. My hunt for the elusive confetti promo continues. Maybe I will get lucky and get a promo redemption in a set. My fingers are crossed. I still need to track down a few variations of other promos as well (NSU magazine variant, etc..). It may take me awhile and I may not find them all but it'll be fun.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Elaine Perna,
August 08, 2011, 12:21 PM
David R
The other one on ebay is about to sell for $150, as well
August 08, 2011, 12:26 PM
wolfie
I'm glad it's not about to sell to me. Shake Head

August 08, 2011, 03:32 PM
t.breyer
I had normal version at Julio's booth
Didnt get other version's
Tim is a great guy and I understand he sent out promos to people on his own dime
Tom
August 08, 2011, 04:32 PM
Elaine Perna
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:
I had normal version at Julio's booth
Didnt get other version's
Tim is a great guy and I understand he sent out promos to people on his own dime
Tom

Thank you Tom for letting us know. I'm sure some were given away and Tim didn't even realize there was a confetti variation mixed in until after he handed out so many (well that's what he told me). I don't think there were too many of them, but they sure are pretty.
August 08, 2011, 11:44 PM
cmcdjj37
I'll hold out hope that I get lucky enough to get one of those redemption cards.
August 09, 2011, 02:30 AM
Juelle Lou
quote:
Originally posted by Szym:
And the one that ended at $151 was sold by....
Tim Shay.
Now to see if he has more to sell.

and the second one went for $142 Eek Shake Head
still way out of my league...
August 15, 2011, 03:22 PM
DMC Collectable UK
Hi Guys,

Mark here from DMC Collectable UK.

The UK exclusive Binder 'does' come with Promo BP19-UKB.

The announcement of the Promo was not meant to be released until late August, but in a slip up the word is out!

To be clear to everyone, If you have already purchased a binder you will receive BP19-UKB separatley in the mail.

For all NEW orders the Promo 'WILL BE' dispatched with the Binder!

I am sure you will all agree with me that this is a truly fantastic set that has been long overdue.

I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to all the guys at Bettie Page and of course the gang at Versicolor and I wish you every success with the release!

All the best in collecting!

Mark..
DMC Collectable UK
August 15, 2011, 03:44 PM
DMC Collectable UK
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
I have now heard from the supplier and the card BP 19 UKB is due to be released in mid August. I also received a scan of the card front and back and permission to release it.

[IMG:left]

[/IMG]

John is it the intention to send to those who have purchased the binder?

Hammer

As your email from the supplier has revealed the answer is yes!

regards

John

Hi Guys,

Mark here from DMC Collectable UK.

The UK exclusive Binder 'does' come with Promo BP19-UKB.

The announcement of the Promo was not meant to be released until late August, but in a slip up the word is out!

To be clear to everyone, If you have already purchased a binder you will receive BP19-UKB separatley in the mail.

For all NEW orders the Promo 'WILL BE' dispatched with the Binder!

I am sure you will all agree with me that this is a truly fantastic set that has been long overdue.

I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to all the guys at Bettie Page and of course the gang at Versicolor and I wish you every success with the release!

All the best in collecting!

Mark..
DMC Collectable UK
August 20, 2011, 11:19 PM
cverdec
Mark-

i got my binder the other day, and it did not have the promo with it. Ccan you send me one?

Chris
August 31, 2011, 11:05 AM
Tommy C
There are two of the Promo #12s on ebay now (FOB). Minimum bid required-- $ 500 each !!!
August 31, 2011, 02:14 PM
wolfie
Scary money, you can have mine for less than that. Smile

August 31, 2011, 03:11 PM
hammer
quote:
Originally posted by cverdec:
Mark-

i got my binder the other day, and it did not have the promo with it. Ccan you send me one?

Promo's will follow shortly (next week is when Mark is expecting to send them)
September 01, 2011, 06:32 PM
Mister E.
Any binder's left ??? Confused

September 02, 2011, 03:34 AM
hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Mister E.:
Any binder's left ??? Confused

Still showing on the DMC Website as available
September 02, 2011, 06:32 AM
Mister E.
Hammer, Can you post where the DMC Website is ?? I checked the posts here and could not find it. Thanks.