Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    Inkworks Dr Who P2 & P4
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inkworks Dr Who P2 & P4
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted
Found both of these at the Philly Show that I didn't know existed until now

Posts: 12157 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Funny you should say that - but once my bag arrives back in the UK I do have an extra set

Posts: 12157 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
If your trade with Kennywood doesn't happen, I am interested too.

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't know the names of the actors, but in case anyone is curious, promo P4 depicts the second "new" Doctor, the younger guy, and P2 shows him and the blonde girl together.

The backs say "Coming Winter 2008". These were for the Inkworks set that never came out

Unfortunately, I don't have a scanner

Posts: 4004 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Once I get mine back I will scan in. P4 is David Tennant and P2 Dr and Rose

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've heard it through the grapevine that you will soon see both on a certain auction site. No, I am not the seller.

Posts: 4004 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
They are now on that site.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Mike, can you post the scans of the P2 and P4 for everyone to see ?

Posts: 4716 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Since I do not have the cards yet either, I borrowed scans from Ebay:

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Probably a really silly question, but how come the P2 and P4 are so rare compared to the P1 and P3?

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Juelle, Inkworks produced 4 or 5 different promos (I forget which, as I am going from memory and we are talking 3-4 years ago)

From what I recall, 3 were released, but then Inkworks went out of business and the card set was cancelled. So the P2 and P4 promos were printed, but these particular two were never handed out to the public

One of the other numbers is somewhat tough to find, also, as it was only given out at some obscure Dr. Who event in the U.S. I think that was the P3. But the other promos aren't hard to find.

Posts: 4716 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
One of the other numbers is somewhat tough to find, also, as it was only given out at some obscure Dr. Who event in the U.S. I think that was the P3. But the other promos aren't hard to find.

It was handed out at the Chicago TARDIS convention. It was not supposed to be rare, but from what I have heard, the cards didn't show up until Saturday and were not handed out until the closing ceremonies on Sunday night. I was at the con, but did not get the card there.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It seems like the only "easy" one to find is the DW-SD2007 from the San Diego Con

Is it possible that even the P1 has now become scarce ? I see only one P1 right now on that auction site, and yet I see two P3s !

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Bidding is only up to $10 on each.

Where are the Doctor Who fans ? Smile

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
There sitting on their hands wondering how many hundreds of these promos are waiting to hit ebay.

Posts: 29001 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Wolfie,

I wonder the same thing, but from what I was told (cannot say by who), there is not really all that many of each - at least to that particular dealer. I guess others might have them, maybe even on your side of the pond Wolfie....

Mike.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I can also confirm that there are very few out there, at least from what I have been told

posted Hide Post
Were these only released in the U.S. because on ebay they are only available from there ???

Posts: 21 | Location: Newcastle upon Tyne | Registered: January 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
These were never released. I think one dealer purchased a large lot of promos from someone and those were among the cards purchased.

Mike.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The auctions ended. They sold for $ 41 and 50

There have been some interesting unreleased Inkworks promos that have surfaced since the company went under. Besides these 2, there has also been that second Lost in Space TV show promo from 1998, the Spiderwick Chronicles SC1, and that Spiderwick set that was supposed to be released in the UK DVD, but never officially came out. I have seen them all