Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SDCC Promo's
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted
Any chance of a list of promo's available at SDCC so I can start searching e-bay Big Grin

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I used to spend many, many hours putting a list together each year based on what I found on Ebay, Comic-Con attendees, and other forums to share with everyone.

I just do not have the time this year and I have several things going on in my personal life that prevents me from spending the time to do it. Harris and Bob seem to be filling some of the void with the NSU Blog...

Good luck finding everything.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Thank you Mike. You always did a great job with those lists. Sorry to hear you are not able to now but I hope you'll be able to again.

Hammer....I have been trying to keep an update on promos I hear about on the blog here. I'm certain it is not complete but I've added to it several times when I hear about something new.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
On the Ebay I've seen promo cards for the Avengers and Spiderman movies (1 for each). These are promoting Hasbro's toys and have the Hasbro logo on the front.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
There are easily more than 60 new Comic Con 2011 promos that I know of... Probably its better when a show attendee compiles the list to avoid too much guesswork.

My observations:

Three Justin Chung model promos are new. The other three are from prior years.

Those Hasbro cards are cool but way-oversized so I may not collect them.

The Zombie cards were probably offered before at Comic Con 2010. Think I bought a 9-card set in a red ziplock bag from Oct. Toys for $5. They are great-looking cards especially for free!

There is a pack of REAL STEEL movie promo cards (4-5 diff) that were handed out. (I have a SPARE pack to trade) They are way cool!

I'm interested to hear about more artist and small press promo cards (Zen?) that may have turned up this weekend... Also, I haven't seen anything about Benchwarmer SDCC promos. They have been there every year that I can remember since 2002(?)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BILLZEE,

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting for someone to list the Vampire Diaries promo by itself..
It seems the only couple that I have seen so far include other promo items (Which I don't want) that make the postage cost over $30. Eek
I'm not paying that much for a promo, so I'm hoping for more to be listed eventually.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Here are some of what I found:

‘258’ Vampire Diaries (8)
All Ghouls School (10)
Art Gasm (4)
Art Hustle (4)
Artsprojekt (?)
Avengers (10 card puzzle pack)
Betty Page BP18-SDCC (1) 2 variations
Breaking Dawn (2 packs, 10 cards)
CBLDF CC exclusive (1)
Cereal Killers (sample card)
Clone Wars Adventures GC, A. Skywalker (1)
Crossed # 5 (1)
Dan VS. (4)
Eureka, P3 (1)
Fanboys of the Universe (1)
Harry Potter, Deathly Hallows (01 – 05)
Harry Potter, Heroes and Villains (P4 & P5)
Justin Chung (3)
Kaijuland (5)
Marvel Universe 2011 (9 puzzle pieces)
OMFG (2)
Rebel Legion (7)
Redakai Motion Lenticular GC (1)
Speed Racer Sketch cards (6)
Star Trek, Picard GC (1)
Super Grammar (5)
Super Newts SD2010 (1)
Tekken 6 metal cards (3)
The Ingredient GC (1)
Transformers Rescue Bots, Hasbro (4 card perforated strip)
Vampire Diaries, WB (1)
Vampirella CC exclusive (1)
Walking Dead CC exclusive (1)
Warehouse 13, P3 (1)

Ace

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ace of Hearts,

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Ace,

Thanks for posting the list of things tat you came across. Lots to go hunting for.

Thanks again.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WandringRebel:
On the Ebay I've seen promo cards for the Avengers and Spiderman movies (1 for each). These are promoting Hasbro's toys and have the Hasbro logo on the front.

As Bill Z mentioned, these cards are oversized. I did not know that when I purchased them on Ebay and got them in yesterday. 5" x 7" in size.

On the back, they do advertise the upcoming movies as well.

Nice cards, but normally I do not collect things this large...

Mike.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
There are 3 variations of the Bettie Page BP18.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
What is the 3rd?

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ace of Hearts:
What is the 3rd?

There is 1000 Gloss, 900 Dull Matte finish and less than 100 with a Prismatic finish.
Read about it all on NSUs blog the other day HERE

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Still not sure what a 'Prismatic Finish' is?

Ace

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ace of Hearts:
Still not sure what a 'Prismatic Finish' is?

Ace

Neither am I Big Grin
just waiting for one to surface one the Bay...

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Juelle,
Thanks.
Ace

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
As posted elsewhere, they also had Conspiracy of the Planet of the Apes, cards # 2, 4, 6 and 9

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Never saw them. Are these different numbers than the ones from 2 years ago?
Ace

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Yes, they are the 4 numbers that everyone was missing.... Maybe they were already all scarfed up by ____, before you could get to the table where they had'em. Wink

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
I have an extra Eureka P3 and an extra Twilight pack with Bella on the front. If anyone wants to send me a sase, let me know and they are all yours.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Wavey

Me please.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post