Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SDCCI Promos 2013
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone know anything about these 2 cards I have seen ? By artist Jim Balent, promoting comics by Broadsword--

Holly Golightly School Bites card # 8
Tarot Witch of the Black Rose looks like # 7 on back

Are there others in this set ?

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
They've slowly been adding to a collection of gift with purchase cards over the years. #0 through 8 now I guess.

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
On the Awesomes, are there 8 cards in the set, and do you get a complete set in one pack ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Anyone know anything about these 2 cards I have seen ? By artist Jim Balent, promoting comics by Broadsword--

Holly Golightly School Bites card # 8
Tarot Witch of the Black Rose looks like # 7 on back

Are there others in this set ?

I have two of these cards from Broadsword comics.

Tarot witch of the black rose #1
School Bites #2

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
For the completists out there... it turns out there were actually 7 Power Ranger cards given out... 5 at the Bandai booth, and the other two at (I believe) toy company booths.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
On the Awesomes, are there 8 cards in the set, and do you get a complete set in one pack ?

Yes, 8 cards in the set, and a complete set in every pack.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have these extra promos available from SDCC.

One only per person as I don't have much

Marvel P4 x 4
Contiuum SD1 x 2
American Horror SDCC logo x 2

and Tom gave out Grimm Promo 4 - I have 2

Send me email to send a SASE

NL

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Message sent.

quote:
Originally posted by NL:

Marvel P4 x 4
Contiuum SD1 x 2
American Horror SDCC logo x 2

NL

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Only have the Grimm promos remaining

quote:
Originally posted by FRANK AMICO:
Message sent.

quote:
Originally posted by NL:

Marvel P4 x 0
Contiuum SD1 x 0
American Horror SDCC logo x 0

NL

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Only have Grimm promos left - NL

quote:
Originally posted by FRANK AMICO:
Message sent.

quote:
Originally posted by NL:

Marvel P4 x 0
Contiuum SD1 x 0
American Horror SDCC logo x 0

NL

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know how many promos there are on Ndbag and the Boogeyman ?

I've seen "sets" of 4, but looking around I have seen 6 different ones. Unless maybe there are pictures on the backs, as well, and the sellers have reversed the images ?

Yes, I know there were also at least 4 others in 2012. I have seen them, as well

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Actually, I have seen 7 for the 2013 set:

Pandabag
Pirate
Ndbag and ZK
Pandabag and Pandaman
Pandroid
Boogeysaurus
Count Sookula

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David R,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone know what these Scott Harben promos are, I have seen ? I've noticed

1- Captain America
2- Wonder Woman
3- Han Solo
4- Darth Talon
5- Red Skull
6- Wonder Woman
7- Batman
8- Princess Leia
9- Catwoman
10- Darth Maul
11- Hulk
12- Ms. Marvel

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
These are not promos, but they are nicely done.

I've seen them on Scott's table whenever he sets up at a Con down here. Over the years, he has continued to release a few more.

They have always been for sale individually for a few dollars each. He will sign them at no additional charge.

The seller from CA is very clever w/his item description but he goes astray when he labels these as promos.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BILLZEE,

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
They've slowly been adding to a collection of gift with purchase cards over the years. #0 through 8 now I guess.

I'm only missing 3 and 6. Mine have been gifts w/o purchase at past Comic Cons. Does that define them as promos? Wink

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I emailed Scott Harben, and he told me that he's done 20 cards to date

Also, on the Ndbag and the Boogeyman, I emailed the company and they told me that there were only 4 cards in 2013, that the others I've seen (which are undated) are from previous years. They've done 4 a year, every year since 2009

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
quote:
I emailed Scott Harben, and he told me that he's done 20 cards to date

On Sat, we talked at length about his venture into cards at a local show.

He started doing these cards (inaccurately listed as SDCC promos) in 2010. He releases 4 at a time & had the 4 new ones at the show.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
David,
There are 4 cards in the Ndbag and the Boogeyman. He has been doing four cards sets for a few years.
Ace

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
On the Ndbag, I just have the 2012 and 2013 sets, and now I have 3 cards on the way from one of the prior sets (not sure which one)

Ace, do you or anyone else have the cards from the 2009-2011 sets that you're willing to part with ?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
An update. The 3 Ndbags I picked up say 2010 on the backs, despite the ebay auction saying 2013

I have 4 each for 2012 and 2013, and 3 for 2010. I am told there were 4 each year, 2009 to present

Anyone have any for trade from 2009, 2010, 2011 ?