Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SDCCI Promos 2013
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted
Here is a list of some of what I found at Con.

SD Con Promos 2013

258 West: 2 cards Matt Smith & Tom Hiddleston
501st Legion: 4 different
A.J. Scudiere: 6 book promos
American Horror Story: CC exclusive
Bryan Tillman artist: 2 cards
Cassini Solstice Mission NASA: 1 card
City of the Gods: 18 cards
Dan Brereton artist: 3 different 2 CC exclusives
Dawn promos: (in packs) # 4, 5, 6
Dead Tired: 1 card
Funimation: 3 cards 001, 003, 004 (did not see 002)
Grimm: promo 4
Harlequin Key (IDW): game card
Hunger Games Auction cards: 6 different
Kingdom Keepers: 6 book promos
Lily’s Revenge: 8 laminated cards
Mars Attacks: #0
Masked Molly: CC exclusive
Metal Card promos: 8 different CC exclusives
Monsters of the Hill: 3 book promos
Monster-School: 22 cards CC exclusive
Ndbag the Boogeyman: 4 cards (new)
Omega 1: 3 different metal cards for sale (not promos)
OMFG: 1 new
Power Rangers: Green Ranger +
Rittenhouse Promos: 5 different
Saber Guild: 1 card
Sherrilyn Kenyon: 11 different book promos
That Guy Promos: 4 different
ZOMBIES!!!: 5 promos (#1 through #5)

Oversized Cards

Christine Feehan, Dark series: 6 book promos
Dreamworks: 5 different
Snake & Mongoose: 5 movie promos
TMNT: 4 different
Two Headed Cop! 6 different
World's End: 12 promos & coaster

Ace

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ace of Hearts,

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Ace,
There were a couple of sealed packs of promos, too, including "The Awesomes" the new animated series from Seth Myers of Saturday Night Live and another called "PCB", but I didn't open mine, so I'm not sure what they are or what they promote.

Posts: 3319 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How is it I found none of these?

Posts: 126 | Location: west chester, PA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Ace,
There were a couple of sealed packs of promos, too, including "The Awesomes" the new animated series from Seth Myers of Saturday Night Live and another called "PCB", but I didn't open mine, so I'm not sure what they are or what they promote.

I opened the PCB pack, I'll post scans of the 4 cards when I get a chance.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Did anyone get a Dr Who Top Trumps Supercard given away at the show as i'm trying to get one. Wavey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ace of Hearts:
Here is a list of some of what I found at Con.

SD Con Promos 2013

258 West: 2 cards Matt Smith & Tom Hiddleston
501st Legion: 4 different
A.J. Scudiere: 6 book promos
American Horror Story: CC exclusive
Bryan Tillman artist: 2 cards
Dan Brereton artist: 3 different
Dawn promos: (in packs) # 4, 5, 6
Dead Tired: 1 card
Funimation: 3 cards 001, 003, 004 (did not see 002)
Grimm: promo 4
Harlequin Key (IDW): game card
Hunger Games Auction cards: 5 different?
Kingdom Keepers: 6 book promos
Lily’s Revenge: 8 laminated cards
Mars Attacks: #0
Masked Molly: CC exclusive
Metal Cards promos: 8 different
Monsters of the Hill: 3 book promos
Monster-School: 22 cards
Ndbag the Boogeyman: 4 cards (new)
Omega 1: 3 different metal cards for sale (not promos)
OMFG: 1 new
Rittenhouse Promos: 5 different
Sherrilyn Kenyon: 11 different book promos
That Guy Promos: 4 different
ZOMBIES!!!: 5 promos (#1 through #5)

Ace

Thanks for putting the list together Ace! I didn't find Funimation card #2 either.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
"The Awesomes" pack we got by pure dumb luck walking from Hall H to the Hilton Garage to put some stuff away. There was a lady there with some in an apron and she was giving the packs out. There was a panel for that show at the Hilton Hotel, so I would think everyone who attended that got a pack and then maybe they had a few left over, so they distributed the extras the way I described. I'm not sure they were given out in the actual hall at all.

I'll definitely open those and scan them when I get a chance.

Posts: 3319 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Did anyone get a Dr Who Top Trumps Supercard given away at the show as i'm trying to get one. Wavey

I saw the Tops Trumps booth, Wolfie, but I don't remember seeing any loose cards there, so maybe you had to ask, or else purchase something there, neither of which I did.
Sorry!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WandringRebel:

I opened the PCB pack, I'll post scans of the 4 cards when I get a chance.

Here's a picture of them from Ebay. Apparently, they create multimedia films and comics. Pretty cool stuff.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
I guess I missed those. Where were they? Got any extras?
Also I forgot to mention the Power Rangers: Green Ranger card.
Ace

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ace of Hearts,

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are the cards in the "Awesomes" pack, 8 different. This is an animated comedic superheroes series for Hulu co-created by Seth Myers who provides a voice for one of the characters. The other characters shown are voiced by fellow SNL and MADtv alums:

Ike Barinholtz, Bobby Lee, Kenan Thompson, Bill Hader, Bobby Moynihan, writer Paula Pell, and also, from "Parks and Rec", Rashida Jones.

Should be funny!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There was also a Red's Planet card given out at rhe National Cartoonist Society booth.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ace of Hearts:
I guess I missed those. Where were they? Got any extras?
Also I forgot to mention the Power Rangers: Green Ranger card.
Ace

There were 5 different Power Rangers cards... Green Ranger, White Ranger, 2 different Red Ranger cards and a megazord.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
These are all oversized, but on card stock, so technically cards. Naturally these would be great as regular sized cards, but considering how nice they are, the bigger the better!

Adam Hughes Zatanna Ad-card at the Russell Walks booth

Mondo Movie poster Postcards at the Mondo Booth

"Star Wars Frames" book giant ad-card at Abrams Comic-Arts booth

Back side of the same card.

TMNT set of 4 Ad-Cards from IDW booth

"Lockwood and Company" Lenticular card from Disney Worldwide Publishing Booth

Tilted angle view of the same "Lockwood & Co." card. Skull appears. Scary!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Mondo must have been swapping their cards out, because I got The Iron Giant at their booth and never saw They Live.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
5 TMNT cards last card is group shot, more than 15 different Star wars 501st cards

Posts: 198 | Location: United States | Registered: December 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Never saw the Lockwood card, that's pretty cool.

Like Jason00, I didn't see the They Live card at Mondo's booth but I did get the Iron Giant.

Here are some other postcard sized items that I found:

Signing cards from the IDW booth

Dark Horse signing cards

Black Sails from Starz (not sure why the right side is cut off in the scan) and postcard from artist Jason Edmiston.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The signing cards are terrific. The only one I saw or got was the Halo one (unsigned at the Dark Horse freebie table).

I actually got the Iron Giant promo postcard last year, if I'm not mistaken, so at least some of these were available this year and last year. The horror postcards from Mondo actually aren't postcards like the others, since the horror ones advertise the art of Jason Edmiston on the other side. Apparently, Mr. Edmiston had a Mars Attacks themed postcard he did, too, so along with the Mondo and the Game of Thrones postcard above, Jason's work had a highly visible presence at the con, understandably so. He's pretty good!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Scans of a few more cards... the top 2 were given out in the Autograph area during Tara Platt's signing for Shelf Life (webseries). Red's Planet was available at the National Cartoonist Society while the artist/creator was there signing.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Here are a few more cards I forgot to mention.

Oversized Promo Cards

Christine Feehan, Dark series: 6 book promos
Dreamworks: 5 different
Snake & Mongoose: 5 movie promos
TMNT: 4 different postcards
Two Headed Cop! 6 different postcards
World's End: 12 cards & coaster

Also added to list:

Cassini Solstice Mission, NASA: 1 card
City of the Gods: 18 cards
Saber Guild: 1 card

Ace