Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Card Releases    New Adventure Time Promo Cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Adventure Time Promo Cards
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted
I'm on the mailing list for Abrams ComicArts book publishers and they just sent this note which will be of interest to non-sports collectors attending this weekend's New York Comic-Con.

"Stop by Abrams ComicArts at booth #2228 at NY Comic Con 10/9-10/12!

Head over to our booth for show exclusives, discounts, info on author signings and panels, giveaways, and more!

Booth discount: 25% (or more!) off all items.

Purchase any Adventure Time product at our booth and get a free 2015 mini calendar with purchase! PLUS: collect exclusive limited-edition Adventure Time trading cards! Collect a new one for each day of the show (four in all)."

Not sure if the four cards are from Cryptozoic or not, continuing from their recently released A.T. premiere set or perhaps promoting the next one, but I'm sure they are worth a look. Abrams is a high class operation and their giveaways are generally terrific.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this tip chesspieceface. We'll be at NYCC so we will take a look for these. I believe Abrams has more Topps related books in their pipeline too so it will be worth seeing if they are showing off any previews of those as well.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I had actually been saving the following bit of info for fear of jinxing it, but at Comic-Con, I asked one of the main men at Abrams to please, please, please do a trading card book for the original 1977 Star Wars series in the style of the their previous Mars Attacks, Wacky, and Garbage Pail Kids and to make sure to include 4 Star Wars new cards in the vintage style as a bonus (as with the the Mars, Wacky, and GPK books), to which he said:
"Stay tuned!".

Please follow up on that at the Abrams Booth, anyone who can in New York this week, and report back anything you might hear regarding it. That book (actually series of books) needs to happen!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Chesspieceface~ We met up with an editor at Abrams yesterday at New York Comic Con and they tell us YES, they are working on a Star Wars book for next Fall, focusing on the original five Topps' Star Wars card release. You will be pleased! It will have cards with it. From the sounds of it, they are well into the thick of it.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wonderful news, indeed! Thank you Harris.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Did anyone come across these cards ? What do they look like ? Are they by Crypto ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I missed this post but picked up Sunday's card for the SD crew.

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Did anyone come across these cards ? What do they look like ? Are they by Crypto ?

They do not appear to made by Cryptozoic as there is no mention of Cryptozoic on the cards. They are standard-size trading cards and nicely printed. The back has text about the Abrams book "The Art of Ooo" and has the Abrams logo. Unfortunately, I do not have extras.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Oh Nat I need one if you have an extra!! Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Harris, can you post scans ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Harris, can you post scans ?

No, unfortunately, I don't have a scan to post.