Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Memorabilia Promos
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted
These promos were seen by me at the Memorabilia show this weekend so get hunting.

Many thanks to Versicolor and Cult Stuff for making these promos available, it is very much appreciated.

These promos were given out randomly at the show during the weekend.

Bettie Page BP5-MEM.

Sherlock Holmes. P1 ( 4 diffrent versions )

Standard
NSU red foil ( less than 100 made )
NSU gold foil ( less than 100 made )
Gold variant ( a few copies exist )

Monsters, Zombies, Freaks. P1 ( 4 diffrent versions )

Standard
Red Foil ( less than 100 made )
Glitter ( Not sure but very few )
Glow in the Dark ( a few copies known to exist )

Monsters, Zombies, Freaks. P2. Hand numbered to 500.

The War of the Worlds. P1. Hand numbered to 500.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: wolfie,

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeff
posted Hide Post
wow nice hopefully there will be some of these able to float across the pond very much interested
Jeff

Posts: 92 | Location: FORT PIERCE FLORIDA | Registered: April 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have actually seen 5 versions of the Sherlock Holmes. I can give some more info on what they look like:

Sherlock Holmes P1. One says NON SPORT UPDATE in the lower right hand corner on the backs, to the left of the P1. I have seen red and gold. The fronts are the same as the regular promo. I have also seen 2 others, non NSU promos, one says VARIANT in gold on the back and another says VARIANT in purple foil

Monsters Zombies and Freaks P1. Have seen one with a red foil MZF logo on the upper left hand corner of the front. A second has the MZF in a glitter/silver color. The third has no MZF on the front, but the face of the squid/monster is in red speckled glitter. I guess this is the glow in the dark one ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I had not seen the Sherlock purple variant.

I had not seen the MZF silver.

The Glitter squid is NOT the glow in the dark.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
When I say silver, it's actually a speckled/glitter logo, so we may be talking about the same promo

What does the glow in the dark promo look like ? Are there variants on the MZF P2 ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have four different Monsters Zombies and Freaks P1, none of them are the Glow in the dark version which I understand has or is above to arrive in the hands of Cult stuff.The other one not mentioned by David is a P1 without any embellishments.

Of the Sherloch Holmes cards I also have 4 different P1's, the two different coloured NSU ones, one msrked gold "variant" and again one without any embellishment.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just to clarify, including the regular P1 promos, I can confirm that there are at least 5 different Sherlock Holmes P1s, and 4 Monster Zombies P1--not including the glow in the dark which I have not seen

On the Sherlocks, I do, indeed, have one which says VARIANT on the back in purple foil. I also have one which says it in gold

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
The squid glow in the dark has a rough to the touch surface where the coating was put on. It is very difficult to tell just by looking at it.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
OK, I can now confirm that there are TWO glow in the dark promos, as I have them both.

As Wolfie said, the Squid (P1) glow in the dark variant has a slightly rough, raised surface when you rub your hand across the front. This is totally different from all of the others that I posted on above, including the one with the Squid with red sparkles all over his face

And on the Monsters, Zombies P2, there is a glow in the dark version in which the moon in the background is slightly raised