Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is there any reason
 Login/Join

Picture of cire7
posted
Is there any reason to keep empty packs cards.
I have several is there any reason to hang on to them or they worth anything.

Posts: 103 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: November 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
For many years i saved the wrappers and have quite a few all in pocket pages in a binder. I really like looking through them in the same way as i look at the cards.
I suppose they have some money value but they have more pleasure value to me.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
And some of the old wrappers do have decent monetary value to them but we're talking about wrappers that are 30 or 40 years old.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Some wrappers can be references for pulled insert odds as well. I am not a wrapper collector but sometimes I wish I had kept some of them for this reason.

Posts: 4851 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
I keep a couple from each box I buy. If for no other reason but to have them.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
For some collectors having the wrapper or wrappers plus the box means a set is not complete without them. Everyone has their own ideas so the decision rests entirely with you as the individual. Personally if I have the set I like to have the wrapper or wrappers that go with them.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
And some of the old wrappers do have decent monetary value to them but we're talking about wrappers that are 30 or 40 years old.

How about wrapper collectors who are 30 or 40 years old, do they have any value? Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
they need to give money to be collected

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kjn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:

How about wrapper collectors who are 30 or 40 years old, do they have any value? Big Grin

Only if you can find someone willing to pay. Big Grin

Posts: 1116 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cire7:
Is there any reason to keep empty packs cards.
I have several is there any reason to hang on to them or they worth anything.

Well, RA has a rewards program for wrappers. You can find info here...

http://scifihobby.com/rewards/

I like to create a protective page for my albums to help minimize any slippage of the first few pages of any set by wrapping them around thick cardboard and placing them in a nine pocket page. It also makes a nice intro to the set IMO.

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I usually save one wrapper for every base set that I put together, if for no other reason than completeness. I think it adds a nice touch to have an original wrapper to go with the set. I keep one for every set I have. Kind of like promo collecting.

I think RA came up with something as very useful and clever as their rewards program. It's one more reason for people to buy their cards.

Posts: 941 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Komodo
posted Hide Post
Gotta have the wrapper for each set!

Although if I had the means, I'd probably have a wrapper collection as well, even if I didn't have the set. Especially from the older sets.

Posts: 1206 | Location: St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post