Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My "poor man" trading card autos.
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted
These cards are mostly from mailing to the actors directly or getting them at conventions.
The Impels and Skybox cards are from around 1995. The Jeri Ryan and the two Star Trek cards of Whoppie I just got via their offices. Reply back if you want their mailing addresses, so you too can send them cards for their autographs. About 2 to 3 weeks to get.

Fred

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
I think I would like to try this. Where do you find addresses?

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EriktheArchitect:

I used the internet, but half of what I mailed out came back as "Return to Sender." So it's hit or miss, but I'm still waiting for a half dozen or so.

But these addresses are 100% confirmed.

For Whoopi Goldberg:
WhoopInc
333 West 52nd Street
New York, NY. 10019

For Jeri Ryan:
Jeri Ryan
PO Box 260098
Enico, Ca. 91426-0098

Back around 1995 I got the Impels and Skybox Inaugural TNG cards through Paramount TV, but since they're not producing Star Trek anymore I didn't bother to send any there. You could try if you want...
Actor's Name.
c/o Star Trek + series name.
Paramount TV
5555 Melrose Ave.
Los Angeles, Ca. 90038-3197

Fred

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
The two Leonard Nimoy cards I found, last summer in a shoe box, at a Yard Sale. They were inside with about 800 other cards. I couldn't believe it, especially since I only paid a dollar for box. They are both signed in pen because you can see the impression it made.

The Marina Sirtis card was signed at a convention I went to. I had her sign a 8x10 and that card.

The Avery Brooks card is actually 2 cards and he signed both of them. I just used both to show front and back.

Fred

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freddy:
The two Leonard Nimoy cards I found, last summer in a shoe box, at a Yard Sale. They were inside with about 800 other cards. I couldn't believe it, especially since I only paid a dollar for box. They are both signed in pen because you can see the impression it made.
Fred

Well you might want to check out the certified Nimoy autograph cards in the General Card Discussion section under LLAP card and decide for yourself.

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
quote:
Originally posted by EriktheArchitect:

Here's a good site: FanMail.biz

Kennywood,

Don't rely on Fanmail.biz !
I stopped using FanMail.biz because most of the addresses came back to me as either
"Return to Sender", "Address unknown", or they never came back at all.
Words of advise...send duplicate cards !
Don't use Promos, or Special of any sort, because you might not get them back.
As I get them back. I'll post the good addresses, like I did for the Whoopi Goldberg
and Jeri Ryan.

F

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In the Apr 1993 issue of NSU I wrote an article about getting autographed cards through the mail. One of the sources for addresses I used to use was lists of names and addresses sold by Jim Weaver LINK. He used to advertise in NSU. I always had good luck with his lists.

Another good source of addresses was a small privately published magazine/newsletter called "The Autograph Review" published by Jeff Morey of Syracuse, NY. He doesn't seem to have a web page, but his mailing address can by found by googling him and the Review. Subscribers would write in and tell of their successes, so you knew that the address they had used was good.

Posts: 2212 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monsterwax
posted Hide Post
It's probably obvious to most people, but to some, it needs to be said: Include a self addressed STAMPED envelope if you really want to get a reply. They may throw it away and use their own envelope, or keep it and never reply, but time is money and if you're NOT paying them a fee for their auto, then it's downright rude to just "expect" they will buy a stamp and waste time filling out an envelope for the honor of sending you their autograph. You're asking them a favor, and need to pony up the extra SASE for their convenience. Plus, by sending a SASE, you are not only showing more respect, but you make them feel a little more guilty for ignoring your request. Yes, it costs 44 cents more, however, it not only improves your odds, but it's also common consideration and shows lot more class (i.e., First Class, haw-haw!)

Posts: 404 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: April 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post