Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New NSU site?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted
I normally get to Card Talk via a link on the NSU site.
Today, I got a completely revamped NSU site and took a while to find the link to Card Talk.

Any other changes coming that we should know about?

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Raj

An hour or so ago I had the same problem and I emailed Harris. His reply was as follows:-

Happy New Year! A new and improved website for Non-Sport Update is being worked on. It has only gone "live" in the last few minutes and it will likely be a day or two until a few kinks have been worked out. The forum has not gone anywhere and is still accessible at the same link as always.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
Yes -- there is a new home page that needs tweaks. We'll have it up and running ASAP (and make sure that the Card Talk link is on there).

The goal is to freshen up the home page, streamline it while having some added info and make it so it can be updated easier (therefore keep it fresh). We are definitely on it.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
My link to the NSU home page is working the same, I see no difference. What's up with that. Big Grin

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If you do find yourself faced with the new first page after reading this:-

Scroll down to the bottom of the page click on Resources then Non sport Links and then scroll down until you see the Forums section NSU Card Talk is the first forum mentioned.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Updates to the new home page have begun. You can now access Card Talk in a couple of clearly labeled spots, including the menu bar at the very top.

We'll be continuing to update over the next couple days so that all info is current -- and will stay current going forward.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
My link to the NSU home page is working the same, I see no difference. What's up with that. Big Grin

I had the same issue on my work PC today. Caching issue. Key Ctrl & F5 at the same time and the new page appears.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

I had the same issue on my work PC today. Caching issue. Key Ctrl & F5 at the same time and the new page appears.

Thanks, the new home page just turned up with the old link for me last night.

Its a much more attractive page and some links go to Beckett. Card Talk is on the top bar, so that's the main thing, that we can all get here. A nice surprise for the New Year.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AWR
posted Hide Post
I like the new site. Especially now that their is a link to Card Talk right on on the main page

Thanks to Ryan and the crew at Beckett for reading this thread and quickly addressing / fixing any concerns

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
The new home page is definitely and upgrade and Card Talk is easy to click on.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AWR:

Thanks to Ryan and the crew at Beckett for reading this thread and quickly addressing / fixing any concerns

That's what we're here for (although we may have been addressing some of the things ourselves when we saw the new site went live even before some here noticed Wink )

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
I like the new look.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I like the new look too but when I went to the store, the back issues, special items, and variant issues links went to blank pages.

Jess

Posts: 4376 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Has www.nonsportupdate.com been retired? Is there a new URL we should use?
I couldn't get to it yesterday and still can't today.
Fourtunately, nonsportupdate.infopop.cc still works.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
Has www.nonsportupdate.com been retired? Is there a new URL we should use?
I couldn't get to it yesterday and still can't today.
Fourtunately, nonsportupdate.infopop.cc still works.

Hi Raj:

We have overhauled our site and a brand new one has put up. The new and improved site is at the same address -- www.nonsportupdate.com. I am not sure why it is not working for you though. Is anyone else having issues? I just logged on without any trouble.

Harris

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Harris, I had trouble getting on yesterday using my favorites link. The address froze and Goggle said it could not be found. I had to do a new search, bring it up again and then save it as a new favorite link, even though it looked the same to me.

This morning I went right in with the new favorites link. So I don't know why, but I think sometimes this site does change for at least some people.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Harris

I also could not log on yesterday and this morning using the link saved in my favourites. I did not really try after that until now.

regards

John

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Seems okay now at home.
I'll try again at work tomorrow.