Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
August-September 2012 Cover MARS ATTACKS

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/656602453/m/9117099126

July 06, 2012, 06:18 PM
treksearcher
August-September 2012 Cover MARS ATTACKS
The cover for the new magazine looks great. It's great you used my image for the cover but do I get payment for it?
July 10, 2012, 10:47 AM
John Tirohn
Do you know if this issue will be sold at SDCC and if so where to buy it?
July 10, 2012, 12:16 PM
Batman
Cryptozoic will have copies availble at their store in the Gaslamp District, along with other select issues.

July 10, 2012, 03:52 PM
H_Toser
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
Do you know if this issue will be sold at SDCC and if so where to buy it?

Yes, as Batman says, you'll find copies of the new issue at the Cryptozoic store in the Gaslamp. They'll also have a few back issues as well. Several dealers around the show will have them as well including MNS Cards, Wee Bee Cards, and Triangle Cards.

Have a great show, John.

July 11, 2012, 01:32 PM
John Tirohn
Thanks for the info Harris! I'm planning on having a good time though would have been better if I could have gotten into the Cryptozoic NSU event. I was at a job interview when the announcement was made, lost out on both.
July 16, 2012, 08:06 PM
Andrew Nolan
I am really looking forward to this Mars Attacks! issue! When is the issue scheduled to be mailed?
July 17, 2012, 03:33 AM
hammer
They are on their way Smile
July 17, 2012, 08:31 PM
Andrew Nolan
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
They are on their way Smile

Thanks for the update!
July 18, 2012, 01:19 PM
Freddy
I love the front cover but I also love the back cover, too. So much so, that I'm thinking about cutting it out and putting it with my TWD cards.

Thanks for everyone at NSU for making us happy and informed every couple of months.

Big Grin Thumb Up Clap

July 18, 2012, 08:43 PM
Raven
I thought this was the best NSU issue in quite awhile and it was bigger too. Things are looking up in the hobby. Thumb Up
July 19, 2012, 10:32 AM
A_Biegel
Thanks, Raven.

This themed issue energized our advertisers, too, allowing us to expand to the additional pages needed. This issue was a real collaborative effort and, as always, I continue to be extremely proud of the writing team at NSU. And keep watching the skies for more Attacks Facts!

~Alan
July 19, 2012, 07:46 PM
Andrew Nolan
I received my issue today and oh what a joy! Thanks to everyone at NSU!
July 20, 2012, 03:15 PM
BILLZEE
This issue was indeed special... Besides the wealth of promos that were included, the editorials and features were fun to read. That includes the blog articles and Scott Thomas regular contribution.

Could relate to Roxanne & Alan's good old days stories about the Mars attacks set. I remember getting ONE pack at a birthday party. Think it was a cello pack for 10 cents. At 8 yrs old, I was mesmerized by the gory images. Kids were talking about them at school but I couldn't find MA at any of the candy stores, taxi stand, cigar shops, or newstands (all of which sold gum cards in lower upstate NY) Guess the shops pulled the packs from the shelves or sold out w/o reordering.

Also noticed all the updates in the Price Guide which are appreciated. Have watched the Buffy mid to low-end autograph prices tumble as a result of the IW vault influx, & this is now reflected accurately in the guide.

Thanks to everyone for another entertaining issue!