Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Final Issue April-May 2016
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted
I've just received the April-May 2016 Volume 27, No.2 issue, which will be the last issue of NSU under the ownership of the Toser family. I am still reading through it, but as usual I started with Roxanne's column and then just finished with Harris' tribute to his parents. Going over their long list of accomplishments in the world of non-sport cards dating back to 1977 I don't know that you could call them anything else but the first family of non-sport cards.

Over the last ten years I have had the pleasure of speaking via emails to both Roxanne, mainly about her auctions, and Harris, mainly about Card Talk. I have never met any of the Tosers in person, my fault, someday I'll have to get to the Philly show. Knowing that you could send an email to any of them and get almost an immediate reply is, like the ad goes, priceless.

I just wanted to say that I hope Beckett appreciates what it bought and doesn't try to change it. NSU is a wonderful magazine for our hobby and the Tosers have been our best ambassadors. None of it has gone unnoticed by non-sport card collectors who have had the opportunity to become involved with them, although it has probably not been said often enough. Thank you Toser family.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
I've just received the April-May 2016 Volume 27, No.2 issue, which will be the last issue of NSU under the ownership of the Toser family. I am still reading through it, but as usual I started with Roxanne's column and then just finished with Harris' tribute to his parents. Going over their long list of accomplishments in the world of non-sport cards dating back to 1977 I don't know that you could call them anything else but the first family of non-sport cards.

Over the last ten years I have had the pleasure of speaking via emails to both Roxanne, mainly about her auctions, and Harris, mainly about Card Talk. I have never met any of the Tosers in person, my fault, someday I'll have to get to the Philly show. Knowing that you could send an email to any of them and get almost an immediate reply is, like the ad goes, priceless.

I just wanted to say that I hope Beckett appreciates what it bought and doesn't try to change it. NSU is a wonderful magazine for our hobby and the Tosers have been our best ambassadors. None of it has gone unnoticed by non-sport card collectors who have had the opportunity to become involved with them, although it has probably not been said often enough. Thank you Toser family.

Nicely put Raven, I have had the pleasure of meeting ALL of the Toser family and they are worth Meeting Smile

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AWR
posted Hide Post
I agree. The Tosers' are always very nice and friendly at the Philly Shows. And they have been a big help in helping me to complete my set of Philly Promo Cards.

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hoffmaster007
posted Hide Post
Raven, very well said! I am fortunate to have lived in the same town as the Tosers, and am proud to have known them on a personnel basics. I wish them the most happiness in their future and look forward to seeing them at the Philly Shows!

Posts: 161 | Location: Harrisburg Pa U.S.A. | Registered: August 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post