Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Battlestar Galactica Promo In The Current NSU

This topic can be found at:
http://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/656602453/m/897107721

July 13, 2009, 11:41 AM
Barbara C
Battlestar Galactica Promo In The Current NSU
I am a NSU subscriber and I also bought 2 extra copies at Borders, all of which had the P2 promo.

____________________
"Monday is an interruption of my weekend."
July 13, 2009, 01:48 PM
wolfie
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:

It'll be interesting to see how few of the P1 promos actually turn up.




So far there are 5.

Harris
Dee
Otim
Curler
Wolfie

____________________
Come, it is time for you to keep your appointment with The Wicker Man.
July 14, 2009, 11:05 AM
Bill DeFranzo
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:


By "Harris" I assume that you are referring to the dealer who first reported the anomaly? That dealer opened two copies with the P1/P2 variety in it. Does that then count as 6?

Have any shown up at auction yet? I'm still of the opinion that I pity anyone who might pay big bucks for this variation. I have no first hand knowledge, just past experience.

By the way the dealer who first discovered this was "Bev and Berna" out of Somerville MA, my boyhood hometown.

Oh, my copy had the P2.

____________________
Bill D.

AKA: Promo Czar (self-appointed)
July 14, 2009, 12:51 PM
wolfie
No i meant our Harris, however this is an assumption on my part as was the guess that it was Dee that found them.

All this assuming from me could take the total down but then your info will take it up again so i guess 5 is about right.

____________________
Come, it is time for you to keep your appointment with The Wicker Man.
October 24, 2009, 07:47 AM
Stephen123
I got mine on Ebay from non-sportsman, it arrived today. Cool

____________________
I am the exception that proves the rule!

So many cards, so little money!
October 24, 2009, 08:16 AM
wolfie
The amount of these that have been confirmed is still in single figures, this promo is scarce with a massive capital S.

____________________
Come, it is time for you to keep your appointment with The Wicker Man.
October 24, 2009, 08:47 AM
Stephen123
non-sportsman did have another for sale, I don't know where that went though.

I bought mine for $49.95 or £30.57 and I think that may turn out to be a bargain.

____________________
I am the exception that proves the rule!

So many cards, so little money!
October 24, 2009, 09:50 AM
wolfie
Based on the number that have come to light you may be right.

____________________
Come, it is time for you to keep your appointment with The Wicker Man.
October 24, 2009, 10:50 AM
Stephen123
Yep, reckon this one is going to be on a whole different scale of rare compared to the previous Battlestar Galactica P-UK promo. Expect promo card collectors to start listing it as one of their holy grail cards soon. That makes 6 confirmed and one at an unknown location

I have another error card for BSG S4 double costume DC17 where one of the swatches is missing, there is a picture of it in News and Rumors under Battlestar Galactica Season 4.

____________________
I am the exception that proves the rule!

So many cards, so little money!
October 24, 2009, 12:32 PM
JOHN LEVITT
I also have one, it came from France.

____________________
October 24, 2009, 02:57 PM
wolfie
well done John, thats another one. Smile

____________________
Come, it is time for you to keep your appointment with The Wicker Man.
October 25, 2009, 12:47 AM
cardscout182
this sounds kool, i'll check my promo when i get home from work, thanks to NSU for the heads up Wave
October 25, 2009, 08:40 AM
Stephen123
Just had a reply from non-sportsman, they bought 5 off a dealer who had five in their five copies of NSU. Now that's what I call lucky.

____________________
I am the exception that proves the rule!

So many cards, so little money!
October 25, 2009, 10:23 AM
wolfie
I think this is going to be one of those cards that once it goes into someone's collection it will not be coming out again.

____________________
Come, it is time for you to keep your appointment with The Wicker Man.
October 26, 2009, 10:12 PM
H_Toser
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen123:
Just had a reply from non-sportsman, they bought 5 off a dealer who had five in their five copies of NSU. Now that's what I call lucky.


It's actually not. Remember --- we did not know that we had two versions of the card. If we did, we would have asked the printer to randomize the cards. But since we knew no better, once one box was done, the printer moved on to the next box, and then the next, etc. So it's more likely then not that groups of copies with those cards would be together.
October 27, 2009, 10:03 AM
Stephen123
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen123:
Just had a reply from non-sportsman, they bought 5 off a dealer who had five in their five copies of NSU. Now that's what I call lucky.


It's actually not. Remember --- we did not know that we had two versions of the card. If we did, we would have asked the printer to randomize the cards. But since we knew no better, once one box was done, the printer moved on to the next box, and then the next, etc. So it's more likely then not that groups of copies with those cards would be together.


I suppose it depends how the sheets were cut and collated, the error occurred as mentioned previously on one card on each sheet.

By the way do you know how many sheets were produced on the print run?

____________________
I am the exception that proves the rule!

So many cards, so little money!
October 27, 2009, 12:35 PM
H_Toser
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen123:
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
quote:
Originally posted by Stephen123:
Just had a reply from non-sportsman, they bought 5 off a dealer who had five in their five copies of NSU. Now that's what I call lucky.


It's actually not. Remember --- we did not know that we had two versions of the card. If we did, we would have asked the printer to randomize the cards. But since we knew no better, once one box was done, the printer moved on to the next box, and then the next, etc. So it's more likely then not that groups of copies with those cards would be together.


I suppose it depends how the sheets were cut and collated, the error occurred as mentioned previously on one card on each sheet.

By the way do you know how many sheets were produced on the print run?


No, unfortunately, I do not. We don't usually get that sort of info.
October 27, 2009, 04:40 PM
Stephen123
Pity, then we would know exactly how many cards with the error there were.

____________________
I am the exception that proves the rule!

So many cards, so little money!
October 28, 2009, 09:25 PM
miket999
I had a few of these as well. Kept 1 and parted with the others.

Mike.