Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

James Bond Variant Issue
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted

The new Dec '12/Jan '13 issue of Non-Sport Update starts shipping this week. The week features a James Bond cover and three exclusive promos: Archer (Cryptozoic Entertainment), Marvel Super Hero Squad (Upper Deck), and James Bond 50th Anniversary Trading Cards Series 2 (Rittenhouse Archvies).

We're serving up a second helping of Bond via a special variant issue coinciding with U.K.'s Memorabilia Birmingham in late November.

It has been a couple of years since Non-Sport Update's last variant covers with Ewoks and Dexter on the covers. The Dec/Jan variant features an exclusive gold-foil cover—the first time we have ever featured gold-foil on the cover of Non-Sport Update. It is limited to just 300 copies, which (along with those pesky Ewoks), is our lowest print-run ever. The Skyfall cover (shown above) is similar to the standard issue's cover but tweaked just a bit for good measure. Inside is an exclusive Rittenhouse Archives James Bond 50th Anniversary Trading Cards Series 2 promo which can only be found in this issue. It is card number P5 and is shown at the bottom of this post. The feature articles and other inside contents are the same in both issues.

Those going to Memorabilia on November 24 and 25 at the NEC in Birmingham England can pick up a copy at the Non-Sport Update table. We'll be holding back some copies for those unable to journey across the pond to order via the NSU website. Those copies are available for pre-order now via the NSU Online Store and will ship once Memorabilia has concluded at the end of the month.

You can preview the promo card below. Once again, the variant issue may be ordered here

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I will be forced to hand over wolfie pounds for this. Frown

How many will i need so that i can start saving?

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Just ordered mine thru the NSU store. Thanks !

Posts: 1458 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I ordered mine too. That promo is great!

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

You will need 9 my friend. Smile

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Ordered mine today!

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

You will need 9 my friend. Smile

Silly old wolfie, it says this on the front cover. Twak

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Is there a limit on how many copies you can purchase, i did not see it stated anywhere.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
Ordered Thumb Up

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Promo looks great...ordered mine!!

Posts: 378 | Location: New Milford, CT | Registered: February 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Got mine yesterday - Front cover is GREAT and the promo very impressive Smile

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
I wii order 1 and another old NSU Mag on Friday.

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for post.

Posts: 2 | Location: India | Registered: November 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
durgaa, Welcome to the NSU family. I ordered my varient issue and 1 other old varient issue. Metal It is now 3:35 A.M. 11-30-12

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Got my foil cover edition yesterday. The cover looks really nice. The promo is very cool also, nice job, NSU and Rittenhouse!

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Got mine this weekend. Thanks NSU !

Posts: 1458 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Received my issue (and another different various issue) today. Also a note signed by Mr. Marlin Toser. Priceless !!!!!!!!!! Thanks NSU !!!!!!!!! Metal

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
So I ordered and received mine but the promo Had a gaint crease in it. Does anyone know if it can be replaced or am I SOL.

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardinalfan13:
So I ordered and received mine but the promo Had a gaint crease in it. Does anyone know if it can be replaced or am I SOL.

I would imagine if you e-mailed NSU they could sort your problem out

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I only have one copy which i have left sealed. I assume the card is ok but it might not be. Frown