Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Win a Dexter Multi-Case Incentive Card Courtesy of Breygent and NSU

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/656602453/m/847103261

June 26, 2009, 06:14 AM
AJJ
Win a Dexter Multi-Case Incentive Card Courtesy of Breygent and NSU
Email sent. Thanks for the great contest amd good luck to everyone.

June 26, 2009, 10:51 AM
hammer
Thumb Up
June 26, 2009, 02:22 PM
glen87
THANKS for this contest!!
June 26, 2009, 03:05 PM
justm
Mad

Aaargh !

All my labels are shredded and the envelopes recycled !

Environmentally friendly ? Yes !

Useful for this competition ? No !!!

June 26, 2009, 03:34 PM
Mister E.
I don't have my numbers either, but at the beginning post, it states that your # will be looked up 4 u. Metal

June 26, 2009, 05:40 PM
steve j
I didn't know I had a number!

"I'm not a number I'm a real man"
June 26, 2009, 06:03 PM
justm
quote:
Originally posted by Mister E.:
I don't have my numbers either, but at the beginning post, it states that your # will be looked up 4 u. Metal

Thanks Mister E.

Note to self - read whole post in future Twak

June 26, 2009, 06:18 PM
H_Toser
No problems on the subscription numbers everyone. We will look them up. I only put that into the rules so that everyone would know that we are serious about making this contest for current subscribers only. But don't fret it....not including your number will not affect your chancing of winning whatsoever. Only a couple of people have included it anyway.

Thanks. And keep the entries coming.

June 26, 2009, 07:23 PM
Mister E.
I am not a number, I am a man !!!!!!!!! #6 ???The Prisoner. Yea, for Harris And all involved in this contest. (Now if only there was a contest for my ole lady, who is not my wife..................) Twak Twak I gotta get a lock for my bedroom door, she saw me here again and i got royally whacked !!!!!!!! OW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 26, 2009, 09:26 PM
riddler_149
I entered as well. I am just starting to get into Dexter and really like the show and would love one of those gorgeous cards! Drool

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/
June 26, 2009, 10:17 PM
Raven
I'm in, great idea. Cool
June 26, 2009, 11:50 PM
igman7
Note to self....call and renew subscription tomorrow and send email. Wink

June 27, 2009, 11:23 PM
Shadow_Wolf
Email sent. Thanks for the great contest! Smile
June 28, 2009, 02:33 PM
steshell
Email sent Thumb Up

June 29, 2009, 04:58 PM
igman7
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
Note to self....call and renew subscription tomorrow and send email. Wink

Oficially entered! Thumb Up

June 29, 2009, 09:35 PM
Flag City Collectibles
JUST SENT EMAIL IN FOR THIS ONE! What a great contest! Thanks Tom (Breygent) & Harris (Nonsport Update)! How long have there been contests on this blogging site? I have watched the rumors and box breaks for about 6 years and never noticed this section before!

PLEASE PICK ME Wavey

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

June 30, 2009, 01:10 AM
Silverback
E-mail sent! Drool

Smokin'

June 30, 2009, 10:22 AM
H_Toser
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
Why are some "marked as authentic" while the one 3-case card is simply encapsulated and graded? I notice that the one not marked as "authentic" seems to be the only one that's not graded. Is there a difference between a card that's graded and one that's "authentic"?

I beleive this is simply just two different service levels Beckett offers. You can get cards graded & encapsulated, or marked as authentic & encapsulated. At least, from speaking with Tom, those were the two options available to him. And as he's already posted in another thread, both services cost the same.

What I don't know, however, is why he chose to get some graded and some marked as authentic. Or if Tom did tell me, I've forgotten. I do know, however, that he was trying something different here and he really likes the look of the encapsulated cards (I must say after seeing them in person that I think they look really nice too). Perhaps he was just trying things out and went for some of each service.
June 30, 2009, 10:32 AM
igman7
Perhaps they opted to go with the authentic slabbed ones when the first one came back with too low a grade. The pic in the OP is a little too small to tell, but the card came back with no better than a 9 (mint) on a 10 point scale that goes down in half point increments.

I am guessing that nobody here (me included) would have the stones (or eggs Wink) to complain if they got any of these for free.

June 30, 2009, 11:48 AM
Flag City Collectibles
I would not complain!

PICK ME! Wavey

Grading has been very popular in the Sports Card Industry for years and that is how I came to love grading! Tom is right! I love the way the cards look in the cases and with Beckett (BGS) technology it really secures the cards. Just to go Beckett's (BGS) http://www.beckett.com/grading/ and PSA's (PSA/DNA) http://www.psadna.com/ website to compare the Top Two grading services for both Sports and Non Sports cards. I prefer Beckett as the quality is un-matched. Even if the card is authenticated at least it is sealed in an air tight case for protection.