Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Non-Sport Update Magazine Discussion    June/July 2017 Combines Price Guide
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

June/July 2017 Combines Price Guide
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted
Was surprised by my subscription copy of NSU's June/July 2017. I opened the clear bag and immediately thought something was missing.

It was.

The Supplemental Price Guide is no longer separate, but is back to being a part of the magazine. It starts at page 42 and runs to page 71 and the back cover. You can't remove it without taking out the staples and unbinding the whole thing.

Since the number of pages in both the article section and the price guide are pretty much the same as in prior issues and the guide was a part of NSU many many years ago, I myself don't really have a problem with it. The only things that might bother someone is that you are carrying a larger magazine if you take it to a show and that you have to store something larger if you hold on to your NSU issues. I know that I often threw away guides when there were no real changes and just kept the magazines. Can't do that now.

The odd thing is that nowhere do I see any editorial mention of the change in format. This seems strange since I am sure it will be the very first thing any reader notices when they pick up the issue. Where is the Price Guide?

Don't worry, it's in there, just not where you think. Big Grin

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
Really liked the feature "Non-Sport Neighborhood" feature by Alan Biegal. Check out "Meet Bob Hulsart" and that Batmobile picture. I wonder how many issues he bought? I know if it were me, I woulda bought a few extra copies. Haha

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post