Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NSU Holiday Giveaway #1
 Login/Join

posted

Hey everyone. It's time once again for our holiday giveways!

It's kind of a double celebration this month as we bid farewell to the Skywalker Saga when Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker will open on the 20th.

So, what better way to celebrate both the holidays and Star Wars than to giveaway some Star Wars stuff! Here is what we have to offer:

2019 Star Wars Empire Strikes Back Black and White Lloyd Mills Sketch of Lobot

2018 Star Wars A New Hope Denis Lawson Autograph

2018 Star Wars Finest Lightsaber Hilt Medallions #LM22 Obi-Wan Kenobi/99

Heck, we'll also throw in a copy of our latest issue, which features The Rise of Skywalker on the cover!

Leave a comment below that's related to Star Wars (anything and everything...except the dreaded Holiday Special! JK) and you will be eligible for the giveaway.

A winner will be selected on Monday the 9th after 5pm.

Be sure to also check out our giveaway over on our NSU Instagram page. We have a Kevin Eastman autograph and a Master Splinter sketch by Rich Henneman from the new 2019 Art of TMNT product by Topps!

So, what are you waiting for? Drop a comment below and you're in! Good luck!

Posts: 275 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: June 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
May the force be with Santa on his travels this year

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away.........i began a journey which has lasted over 40 years and i have enjoyed every minute of it.

The force will live on.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I can still remember seeing Star Wars in the movies when the space battles were like something we had never seen before. Yeah its been over 40 years, but it's never been as good as that first time. Big Grin

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
When the Star Destroyer filled the screen at the beginning of the movie that first time I saw it, I wondered if "Star Wars" could be the best movie ever already. A friend had seen it opening weekend and said it was great. I'd seen the commercials and the scene played on talk shows (when the Millennium Falcon escapes the Death Star and is attacked by TIE fighters). It's hard to explain the splash that movie made at the time, the thrill of watching it, after years of low-budget, but good, movies and a lot of low budget bad movies that my dad liked. You just sat in the theater with your mouth open and then wanted to see it again. I think I saw it 14 times in the theater on that first run.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
I can still remember seeing Star Wars in the movies when the space battles were like something we had never seen before. Yeah its been over 40 years, but it's never been as good as that first time. Big Grin

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
My son and I go to the Premiere when these movies come out. He comes in to Chicago from wherever he is living. He just happens to be back home. We are going to a preview on the 19th. The movies are enjoyable the moment the music at the beginning starts with Saga theme until the end. Come on Rey you can defeat Kylo Ren.

These giveaway cards are special and the artwork on the sketch is very detailed. Maybe the spirit of the Jedi and the Force will prevail.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Seeing the original Star Wars trilogy and playing with all the Kenner action figures I got for Christmas is seared into my memory. Such a wonderful part of my childhood.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
YuB Nub! Isn't that the name of the Ewok song at the end of Return of the Jedi?

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AWR
posted Hide Post
Been a fan of the movies and the cards since the beginning. Looking forward to see how it all ends

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
YuB Nub! Isn't that the name of the Ewok song at the end of Return of the Jedi?

And these are the actual lyrics to it. I'm not kidding.

Let's all sing and dance along Dance Clap ...

Yub nub, eee chop yub nub;
Ah toe mee toe pee chee keene;
G'noop dock fling oh ah.

Yah wah, eee chop yah wah;
Ah toe mee toe peechee keene;
G'noop dock fling oh ah.

Coatee cha tu yub nub;
Coatee cha tu yah wah;
Coatee cha tu glowah;
Allay loo ta nuv.

Glowah, eee chop glowah;
Ya glowah pee chu nee foom,
Ah toot dee awe goon daa.

Coatee cha tu goo; (Yub nub!)
Coatee cha tu doo; (Yah wah!)
Coatee cha tu too; (Ya chaa!)
Allay loo ta nuv,
Allay loo ta nuv,
Allay loo ta nuv.

Glowah, eee chop glowah.
Ya glowah pee chu nee foom;
Ah toot dee awe goon daa.

Coatee cha tu goo; (Yub nub!)
Coatee cha tu doo; (Yah wah!)
Coatee cha tu too; (Ya chaa!)
Celebrate the love.
Celebrate the love.
Celebrate the love.
Celebrate the love.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The first Star Wars movie dose it for me .
Also the first Widevision cards .

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
It's a shame there never a card set with an Alec Guinness auto graph card.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
I was there on day one to the see the original movie. After all these years it really does feel like a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...while I certainly don’t view the movies the same way that I did when I was 13, I have stayed aboard for the entire ride and view the pending conclusion as somewhat bittersweet. I’m hoping that the story gets the proper send off it deserves. In that respect, may the force be with us all!

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
The words awesome and amazing are so overused and have lost their impact but the impact that Star Wars franchise has made on the world is truly awesome and amazing

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Star Wars > Star Trek

Razz

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I remember first seeing Star Wars as a re-release in 1979, because they had a preview which said "Coming Next Summer--the Empire Strikes Back !"

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I miss Carrie Fisher! But, at least we have her in the latest Star Wars movie.

Posts: 465 | Location: Sarasota, FL, USA | Registered: June 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to AWR! You have won the giveaway! Please email your mailing info to mbible@beckett.com and we'll get that out ASAP! Thanks to everyone for participating! We will drop a second giveaway on here and on our Instagram page on Thursday. Watch for it!

Posts: 275 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: June 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeckettBible24:

Congratulations to AWR!

Clap Dance

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Christmas comes early to AWR! Big Grin Congrats! Clap