Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Non-Sport Update Magazine Discussion    Non-Sport Update Magazine will be 20 Soon
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Non-Sport Update Magazine will be 20 Soon
 Login/Join

Picture of miket999
posted
Can you believe it, only one more year until Non-Sport Update Magazine can legally have a beer in most states. That alone is reason enough to celebrate! I think we have more than that to celebrate though, as this magazine has been very important for the card collecting hobby in many aspects. Most I do not need to repeat here. You know them well.

If you were around for NSU’s 15th Anniversary issue of the magazine, you might recall the congratulatory ad that was in the magazine from Card Talk members. The purpose of the ad is that all those who participate are showing their support or love for NSU and congratulating them on their milestone.

I think that went over well and was much appreciated by NSU. In that vain, I would like to do it again if we can get enough people to participate this time around.

This anniversary ad concept has already been discussed with NSU and if done, would be printed in the October/November 2009 issue, which will be the 20th Anniversary issue. The size of the ad would depend on the amount of participation and the expected cost of an ad would be $11 per card talk member. A $1.00 of that $11 would be for me to cover PayPal fees.

Payment is to be made to me via PayPal and can be made to nsuanniv@comcast.net. Please include your full name and your Card Talk ID in the PayPal payment.

The ad will list the members' Card Talk ID and real name (unless you want to opt out of having your real name listed, for some reason).

What do you think? A great idea? A deserved tribute to a great magazine? Where else can you see your name in print for $11? Such a bargain.

If you do not yet subscribe to Non-Sport Update Magazine and you enjoy the Card Talk forum, there is no better time to subscribe. Card Talk is fully funded by NSU and if they do not make money on the magazine, the Card Talk forum will not be able to continue, at least not in its present form. The economy has been tough on magazines, and if you enjoy the magazine, please help by supporting it with your subscription order. Also, look at the NSU store. Back issues, NSU merchandise, price guides, and other great items. Help them by buying these things today.

I do not know yet how long that I can accept entries for the ad and will post that information when I have it, so don’t delay, buy your spot today.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Mike, thats a great idea Thumb Up I'm all in for it.

Hey I just noticed this is my #1111 post and I'm your #1 reply and I'm sending $11!

Now isn't that special? Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BILLZEE,

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Count me in. I'll paypal the money in the next few days.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of DaveSB
posted Hide Post
Great idea Mike, I'm in!

Posts: 2606 | Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Thanks so far for the words of support!

Hopefully lots of Card Talkers feel the same way and join in!

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Andrew H.
posted Hide Post
I also would like to be in, I can paypal some money in over the next few days.

http://www.whodidthewhatnow.com

Posts: 66 | Location: Lodi, NY | Registered: June 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Great Idea Mike! Donation sent! Thumb Up

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steshell
posted Hide Post
Great idea, count me in.

Posts: 234 | Location: Telford, Shropshire, United Kingdom | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Money sent!

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
All done. Thanks for organising this Thumb Up

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
What if you don't have a pay-pal account and have a hassle obtaining 1 ??

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Mister E.,

I sent you an email.

Mike.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Received it and hope to be in the 20th anniversary mag. (Nice to see my name in print for a good cause). Metal

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Keep those donations coming in! Doing good so far, but room for more (probably many more)!

Mike.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Kennywood, I don't have a pay-pal account, but miket999 let me know on my web-site that I can send $10.00 to him and my name and nsu id will be included in the 20th anniversary mag. ($1.00 off the pay-pal cost). Hope this helps those who donot have pay-pal. Thanks, miket999. Metal

NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
I remember when we did this for the 15th anniversary. Seems inflation has gone WAY up since that one was only $5 or $6 as I recall...

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Joanna,

There were options for your ad then, there is not this time , there was the standard ad for $6 and a gold ad for $10 more, something like that. This is like right in the middle of both.

Mike.

Picture of bealay
posted Hide Post
I'm in - will send Paypal shortly.

My first issue was the 15th anniversary issue so this is a cool way to mark my 5 years in the hobby.

I also collect Black Cat cards. Yeah, I'm that guy.

Posts: 275 | Location: Norwich, UK | Registered: December 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
$$ sent. Great idea Mike, thanks for doing this.

NL

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Andrew H.
posted Hide Post
You got Paypal. Smile

http://www.whodidthewhatnow.com

Posts: 66 | Location: Lodi, NY | Registered: June 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post