Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

June/July 2018 Issue
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted
Received my subscription copy of June/July 2018 yesterday. Have not read it yet, but the "Marvel Affinity" cover is great looking, and that's the correct spelling. Big Grin

Also there are 4 promos inside, including Outlander, which should make many people happy. Smile

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I also got my June/July issue. It was great getting 4 promo cards/

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Ooooh don't know when they're expected to 'land' in the UK but I'm off to my local comic store at the weekend in hopes. Bouncey

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TC00:
Ooooh don't know when they're expected to 'land' in the UK but I'm off to my local comic store at the weekend in hopes. Bouncey

Yeah well good luck with that. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
What promos are inside ?

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
What promos are inside ?

A Tiny Teddy Named Cuds, Twin Peaks, Star Trek TOS Captain's Collection and Outlander Season 3.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
What's the Hot List topics?

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Same format/topics as last issue, only the Featured List this time is Marvel. Last time it was Star Wars.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
The Non-Sports Hot List in the June 2018 Beckett Sports Card Monthly has a couple of Marvel products in it.

5) 2018 Garbage Pail Kids, We Hate The 80's, The Goldberg's sitcom autos (prices vary)
4) 2018 Star Trek Deep Space Nice Heroes & Villains, Niners Baseball patches ($10-$25)
3) 2018 Thor Ragnarok, Chris Hemsworth autos (prices vary)
2) 2018 Solo: A Star Wars Story, Denny's Foil ($50-$100)
1) 2018 Daredevil seasons 1 & 2, autos (prices vary)

Key Sales:
$2000 - 2011 The Walking Dead, redemption memorabilia, R15, Rick Grimes

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of andynova
posted Hide Post
I just received my copy of the new issue in the mail. Unfortunately, there was a problem with the plastic shipping wrapper. The top seal was totally apart and the envelope that contains the promo cards was not with the magazine. It doesn’t look like it was ripped open but rather it was never sealed properly.

I called Beckett customer service last night and after speaking with two different people, I was told I had to take a picture of the damaged plastic wrapping and e-mail it to them along with my request for replacement envelope contains the promo cards. I did so last night, so let’s see how long it’ll take for me to get the cards.

Posts: 106 | Location: West Chester, PA, USA | Registered: December 18, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tragicend
posted Hide Post
Same thing happened to me. First time I ever purchased their magazine and my promo cards were missing. I sent an email as well

Posts: 258 | Location: Homer Glen, IL | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of andynova
posted Hide Post
Here's an update of my situation. In yesterday's mail, I received a replacement issue that Beckett mailed to me in a large magazine size paper envelope. I opened it and the magazine's plastic shipping wrapper was sealed properly. I thought, great.

Unfortunately, when I opened the plastic, there was no envelope with the promo cards inside the magazine. So it was wrapped without the cards inside. Frown Probably the same happened to my first copy.

So I sent another email to their Customer Service. I suppose I'll have to wait another two weeks to get the replacement of the replacement.

Posts: 106 | Location: West Chester, PA, USA | Registered: December 18, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For anyone who is having this problem, please email me at mbible@beckett.com. I will do what I can to help. Thanks.

Posts: 275 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: June 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Matt - the problem is simple. The plastic bags that the magazines come in are too flimsy. I received my issue yesterday, also in a paper envelope. The plastic bag was not sealed, in fact when I pulled the magazine out of the paper envelope, the magazine just slid out the open end. No promos.
I have been getting NSU in the mail for a long time, and this is the first time my promos were missing. But the thin plastic bags are prone to opening when any pressure is put on them, such as a mailman folding the issue to place in a mailbox, or careless handling at a bookstore as the magazines are shuffled in place. Usually the bag is opened or at least a tear on the top, both the ones I got in mail or have seen at Barnes and Noble.
The solution is a heavier bag or slightly larger bag. Don't know the story with Andynova's sealed bag - and having subscribers send in a photo of the damaged bag is a needless hassle.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of andynova
posted Hide Post
Well, I just got a response email from Beckett customer service, and they apologize saying they are out of stock of the June/July issue. I guess that means I (and any else affected) will never get the promos that were supposed to be included.

The message from them ends with "Please let us know if we can do something else for you." Yes, there is ... please send the cards that were supposed to be in my subscription issue.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
We are still working to determine what happened with the current issue - why some copies are missing promo cards and how we can best resolve this for our customers. When we have those answers, we'll let everyone know.

I apologize for this mishap.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Oh dear, I do hope my renewal which I did on 29th May 2018 is not affected. I renewed the same day I received the notification which was sent by snail mail advising me that my subscription expired with the April issue. The renewal notice was undated but advised me to renew by "5/6/2018" which could be construed as the May 6th or 5th June. If it means the 6th May it is a pretty poor show to mail out the subscription reminder after the date it should be renewed!

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:
Oh dear, I do hope my renewal which I did on 29th May 2018 is not affected. I renewed the same day I received the notification which was sent by snail mail advising me that my subscription expired with the April issue. The renewal notice was undated but advised me to renew by "5/6/2018" which could be construed as the May 6th or 5th June. If it means the 6th May it is a pretty poor show to mail out the subscription reminder after the date it should be renewed!

It is the 6th May - why the USA do the date like that is beyond me.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
This has nothing to do with this topic, but it irritates the holy heck (how's that for an oxymoron?) out of me when the number of the day of the month is given first in a date. I ALWAYS write or say the NAME of the month first. It is purely a subjective quirk, of course, brought about by I'm sure diabolical personal influences, and is one of my many, totally unexplainable, quirks

Since no one cares, I'll illustrate another one! I always cringe when someone writes, for instance, "Rittenhouse have.." To me, It should be, "Rittenhouse has..." Reason - Rittenhouse is a SINGLE entity, although made up of many parts, so the singular form, 'has', makes sense to use here.

Don't mind me, no one else does either.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
It is the 6th May - why the USA do the date like that is beyond me.

May 6th, 2018 - 5-6-18

Why? I don't know, its the way I was taught.

Why do Europeans drawn a small line/dash thru the middle of number 7? I don't know, I guess its the way they were taught. Big Grin