Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
April/May issue

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/656602453/m/8137079296

May 05, 2020, 01:17 AM
Logan
April/May issue
I signed up for 3 of the magazines, got an e-mail link for one of them, but heard nothing on the other two as of yet (one of them is NSU of course Wink ).
May 05, 2020, 10:07 PM
H_Toser
quote:
Originally posted by piko:
I got an E Mail later on from Beckett asking me to confirm my E Mail address still no link

You should get an email within about 24 hours or so with login details. I believe it is a manual process so please give it a bit. The email will give you a subscription number and subscription password which you will use via our partner, PocketMags. You will need to sign up for a PocketMags account and once you do and login, your issue should be in the account.

I will admit this may not the best system and requires a bit of work on your part but you are getting a few issue at the end of the day. Smile

May 06, 2020, 01:30 PM
Raven
Didn't know about PocketMags. I just thought digital subscriptions came from the particular magazine.
May 06, 2020, 09:21 PM
piko
Ok whats the old saying NOTHING IS FREE All i can get is links to get you to buy subscriptions.
But all good was just curious on how the new NSU was to the old one when the Tosers ran it
May 06, 2020, 09:29 PM
piko
I have got it but still too much mucking around I am not into apps etc .But all good
Thanks to Beckett for the offer.
May 07, 2020, 12:08 AM
Bill Mullins
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
I will admit this may not the best system

Certainly not as good as sending a PDF
May 07, 2020, 01:32 AM
Ryan Cracknell
quote:
Originally posted by piko:
Ok whats the old saying NOTHING IS FREE All i can get is links to get you to buy subscriptions.
But all good was just curious on how the new NSU was to the old one when the Tosers ran it

Actually it is free. As Harris pointed out above, once you sign up you should get a notification. Go to the PocketMags site or download the app and it should work.

If you didn't get the notification with the subscription number, email customerservice@beckett.com and they should be able to get it for you.

Again, maybe not the most ideal or easiest system, but this issue is very much free (along with all the others in the offer if you select them).

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook
May 07, 2020, 10:39 AM
Bill Mullins
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Cracknell:

Actually it is free.

No, it isn't. You have to provide your valid email address (which has marketing value) to two separate organizations to get them. "Doesn't cost any money" isn't the same as "free".
May 07, 2020, 12:26 PM
Raven
The problem with accepting any free offers or trial periods is that the site invariably needs you to set up an account, and a password, and provide whatever information about you that they want. You always have to accept their terms of use too.

Now some people don't mind that at all and are willing to jump thru whatever hoops these sites and companies ask in order to get free or discounted stuff. They have accounts all over the internet and it makes no difference to them because they see no harm in the strings attached.

So its still good of Beckett to provide the set up for those who want to take advantage of it. If the requirements aren't your thing, and I will honestly say that this wouldn't be for me, you can always pass.
May 11, 2020, 03:42 AM
Heroes For Hire
Thanks for the offer to check out the magazines without having to pay money for them while all the sheltering at home is happening Thumb Up
May 29, 2020, 10:18 AM
Tommy C
Has anyone else noticed that this issue has not been easy to find ?

I haven't seen many on ebay. Just a few.

And with Barnes and Noble and other book stores closed due to corona, you can't get it there
June 05, 2020, 02:25 PM
catskilleagle
For the past several years, I've been buying mine mostly at Barnes & Noble or a sports card store if I'm in that area. I bought the April/May issue on this site.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Has anyone else noticed that this issue has not been easy to find ?

I haven't seen many on ebay. Just a few.

And with Barnes and Noble and other book stores closed due to corona, you can't get it there

June 05, 2020, 11:10 PM
Heroes For Hire
I went to B&N and saw this issue with Mars Attack on the cover.
June 07, 2020, 06:01 PM
hoffmaster007
quote:
Originally posted by Heroes For Hire:
I went to B&N and saw this issue with Mars Attack on the cover.
Yes, my local shop still only has the Mars Attack issue.
June 08, 2020, 03:02 PM
Tommy C
And I checked my local comic store, which has been up and running despite COVID-19, and he never received the Bond issue, for April/May

I take it with most stores closed, they didn't get it, either