Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beckett Holiday Giveaway!
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Although I got some cards I wanted
My experiences were basically the same as G6ADCs

Posts: 758 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
This year was such a mixed bag. I said elsewhere the highlight was going to a semi local collectible show and had a sports card dealer sell me a Simpsons sketch card for 10.00 and a few other cards really cheap. Every year I modify my want list. Slowly chipping away at sets. Finished my Rittenhouse marvel Bronze Age last week. That was a nice surprise for me.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have winners! If you are one of the top 3 please see the corresponding number of the prizes in the original post. That is what you have won! Please email mbible@beckett.com with all your info and we'll get those prizes mailed out at the beginning of the new year! Congratulations to the winners and thanks to everyone for participating!

Posts: 274 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: June 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Congrats to all winners
and Happy New Year

Posts: 758 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
mbible@beckett.com

Cor! I am a prize-winner. Lucky me.

Many thanks Beckett

Email now sent.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
A good way to end the year for all the winners, congrats.

Happy New Year everybody! Dance

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Congrats to all the winners and many thanks to Beckett for running the contests. Clap

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Clap

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the winners and thank you to Beckett for the contests that have added cards to peoples' collections

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to the winners. It's great to finish out a year with extra cards.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Congrats to all the winners! Bouncey Clap And gracias to Beckett for the awesome contest prizes as usual. Thumb Up

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Zane DeVan
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the winners! And thanks to Beckett for the contest!!

Posts: 424 | Location: Littleton, CO. | Registered: April 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the winners. Thank you to Beckett for doing these fun and interesting contests.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We still have two people that need to claim their prizes.

Bassam Abdul-Baki - Wrestling prize

Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane - Non-Sport prize

Please contact us ASAP (mbible@beckett.com) so we can get those out! Thanks!

Posts: 274 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: June 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeckettBible24:

Jane says i can have hers.......er, honest. Big Grin

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
This year was such a mixed bag. I said elsewhere the highlight was going to a semi local collectible show and had a sports card dealer sell me a Simpsons sketch card for 10.00 and a few other cards really cheap. Every year I modify my want list. Slowly chipping away at sets. Finished my Rittenhouse marvel Bronze Age last week. That was a nice surprise for me.
Eek Eek Wow, congrats on the Simpsons sketch.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by BeckettBible24:

Jane says i can have hers.......er, honest. Big Grin

Wolfie, Twak

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much Beckett for this contest. I never win anything, so I’m shocked. But Happy.
Thanks again.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the winners, and thanks to Beckett for the continued holiday giveaways. I won something a couple of years ago, so I didn't want to be eligible this time, but did want to respond to the question.

My main pickups this year, set-wise, were Mars Attacks Uprising and Ultraman, both via Kickstarter. I got (most of) the MA cards a few months ago and the Ultraman, just under the wire, on New Year's eve. Both sets were a great value for my pledge, and well worth the wait.

Beyond that, I picked up about 20 GoT autographs last month to keep my full set of 1 card from every signer current. I think I only need 2 (out of what must be a couple of hundred by now). Regular priced GoT (and Star Wars, one of my other long-time interests) were already getting too high for me BEFORE the pandemic, so with the price increase that accompanied that, I haven't opened a pack of either in a few years. It's been even longer for Marvel-related set, for the same reason. Up until around 10 years ago, there was no way I wasn't opening at least one box of every Marvel product, going back to 1990.

I do get Star Wars Living Set from Topps on-demand each week, and that's a great set. 2021 featured a similarly WWE Living Set that also sold 2 cards per week online, but unfortunately seems to have ended last week with Topps having lost the license for WWE cards beginning in 2022.

Finally, the annual Leaf Pop Century sets are always good for a few random autographs to add to my mykdude-style proxy collections, and this year was no exception.

Hoping for more good stuff in 2022.
Good luck your collecting this year!

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My prize arrived today, once again many thanks to Beckett

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post