Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beckett Holiday Giveaway!
 Login/Join

posted
Hey everyone. I'll make this short and sweet. We have three giveaway packages for you this year. Here they are:

2021 Beckett Non-Sport Almanac with a cool Jofel Cube Ant-Man sketch

2021 Beckett Wrestling Almanac with a Dakota Kai Topps Chrome Autograph and a Mandy Rose "rookie card".

2021 Beckett Star Wars Collectibles Price Guide with Dermot Crowley and Silas Carson autographs.

We've done a random drawing to determine the order:

1. Wrestling
2. Non-Sport
3. Star Wars

Just leave a comment below and share your collecting highlights from 2021. Did you make some good deals this year? Did you knock any cards off your wishlist/bucket list? What are you looking forward to for next year? We want to know.

We will randomly select three winners on Monday December 27th. Also, be sure to check out the current giveaways on our Instagram page. We have some cool stuff there, as well!

Good luck!

Posts: 275 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: June 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Biggest pick up of the year was 2 Dark Shadows Philly Gum unused display boxes along with 2 unused Barnabas rack pack header cards. Got some nice pulls from Marvel Black Diamond boxes as well. Looking forward to DC CZX in early January 2022.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The best thing was being able to attend the Philly Non-Sports Card Show again. It was great seeing so many friends again in a nice, new setting.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Shows being a thing of the past now it seems i get most of my cards from ebay sellers or trading and dealing with other collectors in the hobby.

Best finds this year have been a set of Bassett UFO cards, Twin Peaks base and chase and a War of the Worlds promo card which research has shown maybe the only one in existance.

Looking forward to the new Hammer sets from Unstoppable which are just starting to come out now.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
The Chicago show was a lot of fun. There were a good number of vendors and I got to visit with friends and new faces.

Earlier in the year I worked on and completed some Star Wars sets. Later in the year a GOT Inflexions base set with expansion cards was completed.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Mandy Rose, never heard of her, but I like her anyway!

I made one good deal so far this year! Sold a card for some cool cash!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Best thing for me was the continued excellence of Elaine and Tony Perna's sketch sets . Can't believe it's been 10 years since the first Classic Mythology set .

Also bought my first cases in four years with the new Hammer set from Unstoppable , there is a base set for you Wolfie Smile although when we will be able to meet up so I can give it to you is anybody's guess Frown

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Picked up the majority of my autograph cards this year on three titles, Picard, Women of Star Trek Art and Images and of course Game of Thrones, with a smattering of Bond. While my buying time went down, I somehow still seemed to have spent enough money on cards. Big Grin

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Being able to once again attend shows was my highlight here in Canada.Had some good sales on a couple of cards.

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The majority of my International purchases have been from dealers via Kickstarter campaigns although I did get sets from Elaine and Tony Perna. UK cards have come from either Unstoppable or Ebay nothing really outstanding. My favourite set was a mini master Upper Deck James Bond set.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I really had to cut back this year but I still picked up some old promos and some cards from the late 60's/early 70's. I found an unopened pack of G.I. Joe (Impel, 1991) prototypes that Bill DeFranzo was looking for years ago - not sure if he ever found one. I got an unopened pack of the Detective Comics 1000 Decade Collector Cards and an oddball pack of Dinocardz cards given out at Dairy Queen. Also received two Blue Angels sample (promo) cards. I sold a few extras too.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
It's been a decent year collecting-wise as I've managed to finish off several vintage sets such as TV Westerns, Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea, The Man From U.N.C.L.E., Barris Kustom Cars - Series 1 and 2, C.B. Dictionary, Truckin', Way Out Wheels, and Funny Valentines "A Set" just to name a few. I've also finished Waves 1,2,& 3 of the promotional Marvel Legends sets from Game Stop and I'm now up to 60 different DC Multiverse cards from the McFarlane action figure line. I've added lots of great Kickstarter sets as well and I'm still waiting for a few more to come in - I can't hardly wait to receive my Ultraman cards from Richard Parks!

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Added several Crystal sketches to the collection. Best was someone who pulled one on ePack and immediately thought of me for it. That's the kind of community we have with non-sport cards.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
I picked up 2 wonderful Andy Price sketches from the WOST release for my personal collection. Also, I FINALLY got an Elizabeth Allen autograph from The Twilight Zone. It was a good year!

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bassam Abdul-Baki
posted Hide Post
I picked up a few Marvel Endgame cards that aren't exactly rare, but aren't as common as I thought.

Posts: 22 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: March 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I find myself gradually becoming more and more bored with the releases from the bigger companies so I've been drifting to the smaller ones. The purchase I've been most excited for this year has been Ultraman Series 1 from RRParks. Though I'm still waiting to receive the cards so the excitement continues to build. Next year I'm looking forward to Ultraman Series 2, Creepshow from Fright-Rags, and possibly Twin Peaks and Twilight Zone from Rittenhouse (if they come out in 2022).

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
I’ve been entertained by the rising profile of Marvel cards over the last year. Even seen a few dealers at smaller shows have them in their display cases. Luckily, not all of the Marvel cards has seen crazy increases in prices so I’ve been able to add a few to the collection.

I’m looking forward to Upper Deck’s AEW wrestling cards. Pretty sure when UD makes PMGs of those AEW wrestlers it will get nuts! A close second is Panini WWE especially when Prizm arrives.

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
The best thing was being able to attend the Philly Non-Sports Card Show again. It was great seeing so many friends again in a nice, new setting.

That’s awesome! Hopefully there will be more shows to go to!

quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
Mandy Rose, never heard of her, but I like her anyway!

Mandy Rose recently went to NXT and became the champ!

quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
Added several Crystal sketches to the collection. Best was someone who pulled one on ePack and immediately thought of me for it. That's the kind of community we have with non-sport cards.

Ed

That’s great to hear! Hopefully your collection will continue to grow in 2022 Thumb Up

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of G6ADC
posted Hide Post
As of late, this past year international collectors have to pay a lot more for there cards (UK and Europe) .

Its been hard to get those cards of my wish list.

It has gone crazy on shipping costs + taxes etc.

Posts: 767 | Location: Coventry, UK | Registered: July 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Zane DeVan
posted Hide Post
I was able to pick up some nice Star Wars widevision sketch cards and a few autographs I needed for the pc. Hoping to grab a few of the new Star Wars stellar autos in 2022

Posts: 424 | Location: Littleton, CO. | Registered: April 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
A hightlight of 2021 for me was trading with fellow Card Talk members to finish some sets. I also was happy with the newest Star Trek releases.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post