Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Non-Sport Update Magazine Discussion    Special Items for Memorabilia Birmingham
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Special Items for Memorabilia Birmingham
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
We have a post on the blog today about a couple of special items being produced to premiere at Memorabilia Birmingham taking place November 23 & 24.

Announcing Special Items Produced By NSU For Memorabilia Birmingham

First of all, we will be producing a variant issue of the upcoming Dec/Jan issue with a silver-foil Downtown Abbey cover and silver-foil Cryptozoic Entertainment promo card inside. The card is number P1. The issue will premier at Memorabilia and we'll also sell copies via the NSU Online Store. Those will start shipping once the show has ended. Only 300 copies and cards will be produced.

The second item is a Downton Abbey metal card numbered P2. It is also made by Cryptozoic Entertainment and sold exclusively by Non-Sport Update. Only 100 of these will be made! Each is sequentially numbered on the reverse.

Collectors who visit NSU at Memorabilia can purchase both items together at a show special rate of £25 or individually for £15 each.

We will hold back a very few of the metal cards to sell via the NSU Online Store and both those and the variant issues are available for pre-sale starting today.

Thanks.

NSU Variant Issue

Downtown Abbey metal card

The P1 silver-foil promo card image from the variant issue

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
YowzA! These are nice, but my wife who I am getting the boxes for said, "Nope"!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Our two special Downton Abbey items are now in house. We'll have them for sale at Memorabilia Birmingham and via mail once the show has ended.

I just noticed in my post above I made a mistake on pricing. I confused the USD and GBP prices. So to clarify, this is what it should have said:

Collectors who visit NSU at Memorabilia can purchase both items together at a show special rate of £15 or individually for £10 each.

Thanks and hope to see lots of Card Talk members at the show.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Phew! Thats a relief

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I received my variant issue and metal card today...both very nice!!
Thanks NSU.

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Got my variant issue and metal card today. Very nice. I like the promo in the magazine the best, really looks nice with silver foil accents. The metal card went to my daughter who is a big Downton Abbey fan.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I liked both promo's and the Downton cover - it was fun getting something first in the UK for a change Smile Thanks to NSU and cryptozoic for doing this. It was also fun getting the Dexter & Bond specials too

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
It was also fun getting the Dexter & Bond specials too
? Where were these given out?

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I think he means the Variant NSU copies.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
quote:
It was also fun getting the Dexter & Bond specials too
? Where were these given out?

Previous Memorabilia specials