Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Final Issue of 2010 in Europe
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
No NSU or Sherlock cards yet.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And no NSU for me although I did receive some post from NSU that was posted after the memorabilia show.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
FYI-- I have asked the printer to look into this and why it is taking so long for copies to reach the U.K. I will report back when I have news. We are very sorry for the delay.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
FYI-- I have asked the printer to look into this and why it is taking so long for copies to reach the U.K. I will report back when I have news. We are very sorry for the delay.

Thanks Harris - Nothing here today

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I've heard back from our overseas shipper via our printer and they are blaming the weather. In fact, this is part of what they sent me:
quote:
Adverse weather conditions are still affecting some parts of the UK today 30.11.10. Consequently delays in completing deliveries may be experienced.

Snow showers have spread from the northeast during the course of the night, giving some significant falls in northeast England, where 10 to 15 cm have fallen. The remainder of northern England, the east Midlands and eastern England have seen mainly light snow, with a few centimetres in places. Most areas of Scotland have seen no improvement in conditions and snow is now freezing due to low temperatures.

Deliveries in these areas will be attempted today weather permitting however deliveries may be limited and/or made later than normal.

We are currently collating the affected post code areas and will forward in due course.

I have argued that the weather was fine through a few days ago and that copies should have been there by then. We will be monitoring this thread and hope that copies are received by you all in the next couple of days. If not, though, we will revisit this with our printer and the shipper.

Again, I apologize for the delay. It's maddening to me as once the copies are delivered to the shipper and the Royal Mail, there seems to be so little we can do.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Another day without my NSU. Shake Head

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
I've heard back from our overseas shipper via our printer and they are blaming the weather. In fact, this is part of what they sent me:
quote:
Adverse weather conditions are still affecting some parts of the UK today 30.11.10. Consequently delays in completing deliveries may be experienced.

Snow showers have spread from the northeast during the course of the night, giving some significant falls in northeast England, where 10 to 15 cm have fallen. The remainder of northern England, the east Midlands and eastern England have seen mainly light snow, with a few centimetres in places. Most areas of Scotland have seen no improvement in conditions and snow is now freezing due to low temperatures.

Deliveries in these areas will be attempted today weather permitting however deliveries may be limited and/or made later than normal.

We are currently collating the affected post code areas and will forward in due course.

I have argued that the weather was fine through a few days ago and that copies should have been there by then. We will be monitoring this thread and hope that copies are received by you all in the next couple of days. If not, though, we will revisit this with our printer and the shipper.

Again, I apologize for the delay. It's maddening to me as once the copies are delivered to the shipper and the Royal Mail, there seems to be so little we can do.

Tell me about it, we are in the North east as are a few of the others who post on the forum and the mail service is awful. We have had no mail of any kind for more than a week, and while we have posted all our orders no one has had them arrive yet. Apparently the British cant deal with a little snow. Sad really.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Today the snow has gone but not my worries about the arrival of NSU.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
As long as your snowstorm isn't like our blizzard of '78. Eek

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Me - me - me... As I renewed my subscription recently. Thumb Up

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I think they are pulling a fast one harris, I have had a package from Ed Webb (sent after NSU) and 2 e-bay packages from USA in the last week. No NSU though.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Harris i also have packages arriving from America, only taking about a week. I know it's not your fault but something seems to be amiss somewhere.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Harris i also have packages arriving from America, only taking about a week.

Does this mean Wolfie has been parting with his Wolfie Pounds?

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Thats a secret, but i wouldn't bet on it. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Nothing today

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've heard reports of a White Bearded Man in Red Suit seen with copies of the New NSU!!!!!

Perhaps that's when the rest of us in the U.K. are going to receive them Eek

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
My mail-man did say that he was going on a vacation................ Maybe he is working in the UK ????? Metal

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I've got a good feeling about todays post...

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Still no copy today. Shake Head

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
My copy is now for sale, collectors item, very rare in the UK. Big Grin