Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Non-Sport Update Magazine Discussion    NSU Oct.-Nov. Issue is in the mail!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NSU Oct.-Nov. Issue is in the mail!
 Login/Join

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted
Received my issue today. Looks like some good stuff in there - yes, there is a hot list.
3 promos: MST3K Sketch Card Gallery 1 from Richard Parks, Rick and Morty Season 2 P5 from Cryptozoic, and Lon Chaney Legacy LCP-3 from MNS Cards.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
Sounds awesome! Can't wait!

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Glad you received your issue, Don. Can't wait to tear through mine.

One thing to note here. There are more than one different of each promo card inside this issue. I am not sure but this might be a first??? It would be a good trivia question.

Here's the scoop:

Rick and Morty Season 2
Three different cards are inserted - P4, P5, and P6

The Chaney Legacy
Two different cards are inserted - LCP-2 and LCP-3
(and as an FYI....LCP-4 will be available at the Philly Show)

Mystery Science Theater 3000
RRParks CARDS' Richard Parks really went all out on this one. And I mean, all out. There are 63 different Mystery Science Theater 3000 promos in this issue. Yes, 63 different can be found.

Below is Richard's explanation as well as the checklist.

"This is by far my most ambitious promo card project ever. I wanted to pay special tribute to the sketch card artists who came aboard my projects -- MST3K Series One was the first series that involved sketch cards and was really moved by how many terrific artists (as well as 'names') decided to give my little company a chance.

There are a total of 63 different Sketch Card Artist Gallery Promo Cards promoting MST3K Series One's artists"

Below is the checklist:

Achileas Kokkinakis P1, 2, 3
Tim Proctor P1, 2, 3
Scott Rorie P1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Floyd Sumner P1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Kris Penix P1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Marsha Parkins P1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Carlos Cabaleiro P1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Danny Hayman P1
Darrin Pepe P1, 2, 3, 4
Eric Lehtonen P1, 2, 3
Ingrid Hardy P1
Jerry Bennet P1, 2
Jonarton P1, 2
Mike James (Horgan) P1
Rees Finlay P1
Tiffany Groves P1

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Is this out yet at book stores and comic stores?

I thought that usually they come out late in the month, before the cover date, that is, Oct/Nov would be out in late Sept. No ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Mine arrived this morning. I received MST3K card 5 with Art by Scott Rorie from RRParks, LCP-3 of the Chaney Legacy from MNS Cards marked NSU (so an NSU exclusive) and P5 from Rick amd Morty Season 2 from Cryptozoic.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I found out that comic stores should have them on October 24

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AWR
posted Hide Post
Mine arrived in New Jersey on Tuesday, October 9th

Got the Rick and Morty P5, The Chaney Legacy LCP-3 and The MST3K Scott Rorie 2

Thanks again to Beckett and NSU for these promos

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Since I was B&N yesterday, I asked about the latest NSU and was told they haven't received their shipping yet.

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was in Houston yesterday and stopped at a B&N to get something to read for my flight home. They still had the Outlander issue. I bought the last sealed one (the other had been ripped open) and it still had the envelope and cards.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Noticed that the latest issue of NSU has made it to B&N Thumb Up

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I went to a local B&N today. It still had the Outlander issue but if some places are getting it on the 24th, I assume it will appear by this weekend.

quote:
Originally posted by Heroes For Hire:
Noticed that the latest issue of NSU has made it to B&N Thumb Up

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
November 2018 issue of Beckett Sports Card Monthly Non-Sport Top 5 Hot List is pretty much the same as this issue's Top 10 autographs.
It goes: 1, 2, 5, 6, and 8.
Among the Key Sales is Melissa Benoist's autograph as Red Krytonite Supergirl

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I did end up finding the new issue at a B&N on the 24th. It was interesting to read what that graded 1964 Beatles set and those older sets/lots went for at auction.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Never did get the current issue of NSU. The last issue I got was the OUTLANDER ONE. I called Beckett and they said they would mail out another one but I am still waiting for that as well. For all the good it does I also called the post office. I guess there is a card collecting fan at the PO. Not the first time things vanished. I remember winning a contest for a very limited picture disc. Naturally the record company sent me a post card telling me in advance to expect it. Got the post card but no record.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
It does absolutely no good to call the Post Office. Believe me, I know. Frown

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I opened 3 copies and believe it or not, ALL had the Lon Chaney promo 3 (no # 2), the Rick and Morty P6 (no P4 and P5) and the SAME Mystery Science Theater promo. What are the odds ?

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

Yes because magazines are treated like junk mail. I still have not gotten the replacement copy and if the next issue doesn't come I may have to ask for a subscription refund. Never had this problem until Beckett took over.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Frank, please email me when you can and let me know the situation. My email is mbible@beckett.com. Thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by FRANK AMICO:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

Yes because magazines are treated like junk mail. I still have not gotten the replacement copy and if the next issue doesn't come I may have to ask for a subscription refund. Never had this problem until Beckett took over.

Posts: 275 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: June 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
Honestly, the customer service issues are now so bad, that I've absolutely given up trying to renew my subscription. I've been buying (and/or subscribing to) NSU since the 3rd issue and after all this time, I'm done with it. The last attempt (my 5th attempt in the past 3 weeks I might add) ended last week after I was told that even though I was paying for the first class USPS upgrade, the current issue (which I was missing) would not be sent out to me via first class mail. So, in effect, I was paying $8.00 extra to only receive 5 issues by first class mail. Without going first class, I was told the mailing time for the missed issue would be upwards of 3 weeks! I can hardly get my magazines in decent shape via first class as it is; I can only imagine what an issue would look like after 3 weeks in the hands of the postal service?

The part that irritates me the most is simply that NO ONE CARES at Beckett whether or not you renew your subscription (or not as the case may be). I realize that things change, but renewing my subscription, or getting a problem taken care of, NEVER required anything more strenuous than having a pleasant chat with Roxanne, Marlin, or Harris to get it fixed. How many more long-time subscribers have to leave before someone wises up and addresses some of these problems?

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wow! And you're in Dallas?!? That's so close to Beckett, too.
Seems like Matt cares. He even posted his email: mbible@beckett.com