Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
April/May issue in the US

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/656602453/m/7907040686

April 02, 2017, 07:40 PM
Heroes For Hire
April/May issue in the US
Noticed the April/May issue on the stands of Barnes & Noble today.
Hopefully I'll get one soon.
April 02, 2017, 09:12 PM
Raven
I received mine around March 23rd and was surprised.

Strange how my subscription works. Every other issue alternates. It comes late, it comes early, it comes late and it comes early. The issue before this one came on February 7th and I thought it was lost because everyone else had it weeks earlier.

Maybe its just the PO. Contrary to the motto, rain, sleet and snow does keep the mail from going through. Big Grin
April 07, 2017, 03:10 PM
Heroes For Hire
Yeah, the post office took so long to get it to me. I almost think I should just buy it when I see it at B&N.
I must say that I do enjoy reading the NSU articles more than the other Beckett sport card magazines. Although the Vintage magazine is pretty good, too. I think that all the magazines need to focus more on giving the readers better collecting experience - interesting perspectives and information on the products regardless if it's past or present.
April 08, 2017, 12:31 AM
catskilleagle
I picked up my issue in a Barnes and Noble in Redwood City, CA this week so it must have arrived last weekend.

That Spider-Man promo might be able to stop a low-caliber bullet.
April 13, 2017, 12:55 PM
Heroes For Hire
Agreed! That Spider-Man promo has to be one of the thickest recent cards out there.

That reminds me, within the article about the upcoming Fleer Ultra Spider-Man, I liked that little side note giving a mini-history lesson about the Jambalaya insert cards. It's good to get a little perspective of a upcoming insert theme (and a potential "big hit" insert) by looking back on where it came from. There's probably a lot of newer collectors that never heard of them along with returning collectors that missed them entirely.