Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Non-Sport Update Magazine Discussion    Promo snafu in the Jun/Jul issue of NSU
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Promo snafu in the Jun/Jul issue of NSU
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
We received our copies of the Jun/Jul issue in today, just in time for this weekend's Philly show and discovered an oversight with the promos in the issue. While the cover of the new issue says there is a Batman Archives card inside, there is not. Instead, there is a Stargate SG-1 Season 10 card. It is promo P2.

The image below shows the three cards in the new issue - Stargate SG-1 Season 10 (P2), Battlestar Galactica Season 3 P2, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (P5).

We are talking with Rittenhouse about this now and trying to determine if we will have the Batman Archives card next issue, another card that has already been solicited, or both. When I know for certain, I will post again about that.

We wanted to let everyone know so that there will hopefully be a little less confusion when you all receive your Jun/Jul issues. Tell your card collecting friends! Wink

Thanks for your understanding.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. Smile

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kjn
posted Hide Post
Thanks for letting us know Harris.

Posts: 1116 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
I'm glad I 'poked' my head in here to find out what's going on- thanks, Harris for keeping us posted. Smile

It would be great if you do eventually get the Batman Archives promo card- good luck!

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hollypop:
I'm glad I 'poked' my head in here to find out what's going on- thanks, Harris for keeping us posted. Smile

It would be great if you do eventually get the Batman Archives promo card- good luck!

We received word the other day from Rittenhouse Archives that we will in fact have both the Batman Archives card in addition to the already promised Stargate Atlantis Seasons 3 & 4 promo in the upcoming issue. As always, though, this is subject to change should something happen at the last moment but that's the plan right now. Big Grin

Here's an image of the Batman Archives card:

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Nice card and great to hear that we will get it. Clap

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
quote:
We received word the other day from Rittenhouse Archives that we will in fact have both the Batman Archives card in addition to the already promised Stargate Atlantis Seasons 3 & 4 promo in the upcoming issue

No Batman Archives card with my issue Just SG-SG1, Indy & BG.

Will it now be in the Aug/Sept issue?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Yes it meant that issue.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Yes, as Wolfie says, the Batman card will be in the upcoming Aug/Sep issue, shipping in July. They'll also be some other changes to the list of promos that we currently list on the website and in the magazine. I believe the Batman cards are already sitting in our printer's offices, though, so that's pretty much a done deal that it will be in the issue.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Oh, Batman likes these!! Smile Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So what are the promos for the next issue? Is the Jericho: Season Two promo listed going to be with the next issue or was that a typo? I am hoping Jericho Season Two card Boxes come out soon!!!

Posts: 425 | Location: Ada, MI | Registered: June 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Oh, Batman likes these!! Smile Thumb Up

Me, too. I am looking forward to this set.

Posts: 1458 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by s8zaphod:
So what are the promos for the next issue? Is the Jericho: Season Two promo listed going to be with the next issue or was that a typo? I am hoping Jericho Season Two card Boxes come out soon!!!

No, that was not a typo. Inkworks had intended to provide us with a Jericho Season 2 card when we published the list of promos but in the interim, the card series was canceled. I assume all promos were then canceled. Obviously, they do not need to promote the series in NSU.

I think the list of cards for the next issue is now finalized. It is as follows:
  • Batman Archives
  • Star Wars The Clone Wars
  • Stargate Atlantis Seasons 3 & 4
  • Donruss Americana Series II (2 differently randomly inserted cards)

Thanks.

Harris