Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Non-Sport Update Magazine Discussion    Schroeder FINALLY gets his sweet revenge!!! (i.e. Beethoven)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Schroeder FINALLY gets his sweet revenge!!! (i.e. Beethoven)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted
Do any of you remember this quote from Lucy in the oft-played “Charlie Brown Christmas” special? Y’know, the one where she is arguing with Schroeder about whether or not Beethoven is worthy of greatness?

Lucy: “He never got his picture on bubblegum cards, did he? Have you ever seen his picture on a bubblegum card? Hmmm? How can you say someone is great who's never had his picture on bubblegum cards?”

Well, I just realized after seeing this quote under Kennywood’s signature that Lucy finally gets her hand slapped THIS year, thanks to Topps! (unless I’m mistaken, of course, and there is an older card floating around out there) I am referring to Card #83 from the 2009 Topps Allen & Ginter set which features good ol’ Ludwig himself!

I just thought this was a cute, meaningless piece of trivia to point out in honor of our hobby…

Merry Christmas!

Geoff

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dmc913
posted Hide Post
hahaha.
very cool observation!

Dance

i love the peanuts (especially Woodstock)

Posts: 251 | Location: WV | Registered: September 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It always bothered me, because Ludwig's been in several sets if you count being mentioned, including the birthday wishes to Karl Beethoven in the Peanuts set. Spoofy Tunes pitted Beethoven vs. Cujo.

"The Composers" card #4. No bubble gum came with the cards, but is there any with the A&G set? Roll Eyes

LvB remains an evergreen in our poplar culture.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
quote:
LvB remains an evergreen in our poplar culture.

That's fir sure Wink
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Although the name of the series suggests that one might see the composer, the Beethoven vs Cujo card in Spoofy Tunes features the dog from the 1992 movie, not the composer.

The first trading card to feature Beethoven the composer may be card #34 in the 1991 set Bill and Ted's Atypical Movie. No bubble gum in the packs, though.

Posts: 1 | Location: Boston | Registered: December 02, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post