Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Subscription

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/656602453/m/7517040296

November 23, 2019, 06:43 AM
Graham
Subscription
Very frustrated. I have sent a subscription to my Secret Santa giftee. There was no way to hide who I was (the very nature of secret) or send as a gift. I suggest Beckett change the way it's system works and give a form to fill in before asking for payment.
November 23, 2019, 06:50 AM
Graham
Well, this ought to be interesting. Beckett has put my giftee's address as my billing address. Let's see what happens...
November 23, 2019, 01:49 PM
Raven
A fact that is not widely known about the US Postal system is that they deliver mail to the address. The address is the only thing they go by. The name doesn't matter. They will deliver mail sent to anyone at the physical location and it's up to the resident to refuse it or return it if no such person lives there.
November 24, 2019, 03:36 AM
hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
A fact that is not widely known about the US Postal system is that they deliver mail to the address. The address is the only thing they go by. The name doesn't matter. They will deliver mail sent to anyone at the physical location and it's up to the resident to refuse it or return it if no such person lives there.

Which postal system doesn't do that? UK mail system is exactly the same its the address that matters. Graham's point was that he wanted to pay for a subscription for somebody else and becketts system couldn't facilitate that request.
November 24, 2019, 09:51 AM
Raven
And my point was, even if Beckett should mismatch his name to his giftee's mailing address, at least the magazine would be delivered every two months to the right person, which is what he is trying to pay for.

Beckett won't send out any issue until it has gotten paid by whatever method Graham arranged to pay it. Many people in the US do believe that the addressee's name does matter to the PO, but only if specific instructions are prearranged. I have no knowledge of postal system rules around the globe.
November 24, 2019, 03:28 PM
hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
And my point was, even if Beckett should mismatch his name to his giftee's mailing address, at least the magazine would be delivered every two months to the right person, which is what he is trying to pay for.

Beckett won't send out any issue until it has gotten paid by whatever method Graham arranged to pay it. Many people in the US do believe that the addressee's name does matter to the PO, but only if specific instructions are prearranged. I have no knowledge of postal system rules around the globe.

But you felt the need to explain the US system as "different". Most websites allow you to give a delivery address - separate from payers address. Obviously Beckett haven't had many people paying for another's subscription so perhaps they need to modify the system