Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bill DeFranzo RIP
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted
Very Sad news that NSU's Promo and Pricing Guru passed away in the night. Such a lovely man and a great friend of NSU and the Philly show. I am sure NSU and Harris will post more.

Thoughts are with his family. RIP Bill it was lovely to know you Angel

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
RIP Bill

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
This is awful news, Bill was such a nice man, so sorry to hear this. Frown

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what to say, I just saw the postings on Facebook. Bill was a good friend, I think of him often, and really, really will miss him.

RIP Mr. DeFranzo.........

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
This is terrible news. Bill worked for NSU for so many years and was such a great friend to our family personally. He had a lot of friends in the card collecting community and will be severely missed.

Rest in piece, Bill.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I always enjoyed connecting with Bill at the shows and online. He will truly be missed, the non-sports community lost a giant. Frown

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
What a shock! Bill was a great guy to know and a very generous person. He will be missed.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Bill was always such a great person to talk to, I will miss him greatly. R.I.P. friend.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Editor-in-Chief
Picture of A_Biegel
posted Hide Post
Very sad news. Bill was not only a key member of the NSU staff and important to the hobby, he was also a good friend. He will be missed…greatly.

~Alan

Posts: 189 | Location: Bayonne, NJ USA | Registered: December 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear. Bill was such a nice guy. He will be missed.
The Philly show will not be the same without him.
May he rest in peace.

Posts: 67 | Location: NC | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AWR
posted Hide Post
Very sad news. Was always very friendly at the Philly shows. He will be missed.

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I'm speechless. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Posts: 96 | Location: Canada | Registered: July 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Awful news, my condolences to his family. The non-sport card community has lost an important voice and a good friend.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry to hear this. My deepest condolences to Bill's family and friends. Frown

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Writing this with tears.

Bill was a true gentleman and lovely to know. Although we only met in May, we spoke to each other and traded cards or almost a decade. There are people in this world who are just........ so nice. Bill was that guy.

Will really miss him but glad I got the chance to know him.

My condolences to his family and to the NSU family.

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Wow, terrible news. I never met Bill but did talk to him here and through email, and he was always great to talk to. My sincere condolences to everyone in his life.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NL:
Writing this with tears.

Bill was a true gentleman and lovely to know. Although we only met in person this May, we spoke to each other and traded cards or almost a decade. There are people in this world who are just........ so nice. Bill was that guy.

Will really miss him but glad I got the chance to know him.

My condolences to his family and to the NSU family.

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Frown Oh No !!!! Mr. Bill. I met him a few years ago at Hampton Beach in N.H. and he was a gracious gentleman. Brought me a long box of promos and just wanted the friendship I gave. I feel I lost a brother in the NSU family. Shake Head I asked if he wanted to adopt me,I told him "I'm potty trained" and he almost busted a gut laughing. He told me that he liked it. And only 15 miles from where I live, but long bus ride for me. Shake Head

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mister E.,

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
This is shocking terrible news.... Haven't seen him in almost 2 yrs but always enjoyed talking & laughing w/him at shows. Still have FBook msgs online detailing our last big promo trade. How very sad...

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I wish I'd met him.
Thank you, Bill, for all you've done for our hobby.
My deepest sympathy to his family and friends.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post