Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Bill DeFranzo RIP

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/656602453/m/7477052386

July 31, 2016, 06:10 AM
hammer
Bill DeFranzo RIP
Very Sad news that NSU's Promo and Pricing Guru passed away in the night. Such a lovely man and a great friend of NSU and the Philly show. I am sure NSU and Harris will post more.

Thoughts are with his family. RIP Bill it was lovely to know you Angel
July 31, 2016, 07:09 AM
silmapco
RIP Bill
July 31, 2016, 07:36 AM
wolfie
This is awful news, Bill was such a nice man, so sorry to hear this. Frown

July 31, 2016, 08:13 AM
miket999
I'm not sure what to say, I just saw the postings on Facebook. Bill was a good friend, I think of him often, and really, really will miss him.

RIP Mr. DeFranzo.........
July 31, 2016, 08:23 AM
H_Toser
This is terrible news. Bill worked for NSU for so many years and was such a great friend to our family personally. He had a lot of friends in the card collecting community and will be severely missed.

Rest in piece, Bill.

July 31, 2016, 09:10 AM
Ted Dastick Jr.
I always enjoyed connecting with Bill at the shows and online. He will truly be missed, the non-sports community lost a giant. Frown
July 31, 2016, 09:28 AM
stevetrek
What a shock! Bill was a great guy to know and a very generous person. He will be missed.
July 31, 2016, 09:45 AM
Don Norton
Bill was always such a great person to talk to, I will miss him greatly. R.I.P. friend.
July 31, 2016, 10:48 AM
A_Biegel
Very sad news. Bill was not only a key member of the NSU staff and important to the hobby, he was also a good friend. He will be missed…greatly.

~Alan
July 31, 2016, 11:34 AM
cubby5454
Very sorry to hear. Bill was such a nice guy. He will be missed.
The Philly show will not be the same without him.
May he rest in peace.
July 31, 2016, 11:47 AM
AWR
Very sad news. Was always very friendly at the Philly shows. He will be missed.
July 31, 2016, 11:55 AM
Tony Perna
I'm speechless. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.
July 31, 2016, 12:00 PM
Raven
Awful news, my condolences to his family. The non-sport card community has lost an important voice and a good friend.
July 31, 2016, 12:44 PM
Elaine Perna
I'm so sorry to hear this. My deepest condolences to Bill's family and friends. Frown
July 31, 2016, 12:46 PM
NL
Writing this with tears.

Bill was a true gentleman and lovely to know. Although we only met in May, we spoke to each other and traded cards or almost a decade. There are people in this world who are just........ so nice. Bill was that guy.

Will really miss him but glad I got the chance to know him.

My condolences to his family and to the NSU family.
July 31, 2016, 12:47 PM
Jason00
Wow, terrible news. I never met Bill but did talk to him here and through email, and he was always great to talk to. My sincere condolences to everyone in his life.

July 31, 2016, 12:47 PM
NL
quote:
Originally posted by NL:
Writing this with tears.

Bill was a true gentleman and lovely to know. Although we only met in person this May, we spoke to each other and traded cards or almost a decade. There are people in this world who are just........ so nice. Bill was that guy.

Will really miss him but glad I got the chance to know him.

My condolences to his family and to the NSU family.

July 31, 2016, 01:25 PM
Mister E.
Frown Oh No !!!! Mr. Bill. I met him a few years ago at Hampton Beach in N.H. and he was a gracious gentleman. Brought me a long box of promos and just wanted the friendship I gave. I feel I lost a brother in the NSU family. Shake Head I asked if he wanted to adopt me,I told him "I'm potty trained" and he almost busted a gut laughing. He told me that he liked it. And only 15 miles from where I live, but long bus ride for me. Shake Head

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mister E.,

July 31, 2016, 04:37 PM
BILLZEE
This is shocking terrible news.... Haven't seen him in almost 2 yrs but always enjoyed talking & laughing w/him at shows. Still have FBook msgs online detailing our last big promo trade. How very sad...
July 31, 2016, 05:11 PM
chesspieceface
I wish I'd met him.
Thank you, Bill, for all you've done for our hobby.
My deepest sympathy to his family and friends.