Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

December/January Issue - in Europe
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
No NSU for me today Shake Head

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
No nothing here. The whole UK subscription order must be held up somewhere.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
Still nothing here! Frown

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I have our printer looking into this. Again, we apologize for the delay. I have no idea what could be causing it. As soon as I know something, I will post.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
No sign of my copy either although my local FP has their copies in.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
No sign of my NSU today.

Going to start a book on what will arrive first:

A. NSU with Heroes promo or B. Topps Heroes card release

Perhaps it's the CURSE OF HEROES !?!!!! Eek

Let's hope for tomorrow.

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:

Oh the shame, has it come to this, beaten by FP. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
No NSU for me today Shake Head Will it be here for christmas? Looks like something has gone wrong at the printers!

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cardster
posted Hide Post
quote:

Which one is local to you if you don't mind me asking? I was in the megastore in central London on the weekend and they hadn't got any copies as yet Confused

Posts: 473 | Location: UK | Registered: April 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardster:
quote:

Which one is local to you if you don't mind me asking? I was in the megastore in central London on the weekend and they hadn't got any copies as yet Confused

Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Nothing again today i'm afraid. Frown

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Nothing here either Shake Head

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hi All:

We have spoken to the printer about this several times. In turn, they have been in touch with the shipper. They seem to feel that the magazines have gotten caught up in the Royal Mail strike and are stuck somewhere but still in transit. Personally, I wonder about that since the strike was over in October, right?

In any event, here's the good news. The shipper is going to mail every U.K. NSU Subscriber another copy of the missing Dec/Jan issue. You'll need to give it a bit of time though as the printer needs to get the copies over to them. The shipper tells us copies should be there in just 5 business days but that's from the time they ship them.

I'm happy to report this but again, we do apologize for the delay. It's agonizing to us as well, especially since once the copies leave the printer, it's someone else responsibility and there's very little we can do.

If the first set of copies do show up, please let us know.

Thanks for your understand and patience.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Thanks very much Harris. Thumb Up

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Cheers Harris Thumb Up as you say, the postal strikes were over when these were posted, but they must have gone somewhere!!!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
Great news Harris. Thumb Up Everything else from the US seems to be coming through with no problem at all. Those missing issues are a bit of a mystery!

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
Harris

Great news!! This may be a stupid question Twak, but how do we know which will get to us 1st, the first or second lot from the printers? Are they identified differently?

your faithfully
Thicky Welshman

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Dear Thicky Welshman

The postage date on the front of the envelope will give it away.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Hi All:

We have spoken to the printer about this several times. In turn, they have been in touch with the shipper. They seem to feel that the magazines have gotten caught up in the Royal Mail strike and are stuck somewhere but still in transit. Personally, I wonder about that since the strike was over in October, right?

I very much doubt that can be true as I received today cards I ordered from the NSU shop only last week (posted on 29th November)

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Dear Thicky Welshman

The postage date on the front of the envelope will give it away.

Thanks Wolfie for enlightening. If the date stamp states 12/11/07 is it the 1st one or second one Big Grin